Custom Post Type for WP for Android

Hello! I just got a membership and downloaded wp or android, I was wondering if there was support for custom post types yet (I looked it up in the forums and could only find a few posts from several months ago saying it was coming soon). And if there isn't, do you have any suggestions for how I could try to implement it myself? I am new to wordpress but have a good general understanding of android. Thanks!

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Frank,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question, I'm afraid it isn't currently integrated, though we are still looking into it.

The main issue with integrating custom post types is with catering for all the possible custom fields that the post type may have, there isn't a way that this could be handled well on the app and would require more specific integrations.

If you'd like to integrate a custom post type, you'll need to setup a specific view model for the screen and then make use of the WordPress XML-RPC API here http://codex.wordpress.org/XML-RPC_WordPress_API :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Frank
    • New Recruit

Thanks for the quick reply! Is there a way that I could (from the android side preferably) set the app to just get a different post type instead of "posts"? I noticed my custom posts were saved in the default wp_posts. Would that work?

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Frank,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question.

I'm afraid that wouldn't be possible currently, as the post type is coded as "posts" as this includes the view screen, so any custom field your custom post type has wouldn't display and/or be usable, if that makes sense?

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.