Custom Post Type index in Global Search

Hi Guys!

I need some help with the Global Site Search Plugin...

I'm working with some themes that has custom post types on it, 'cause it's real estate themes and the WPMU users post their listings in one custom post type tab called "Add Listings" and I want the Global Site Search plugin to index this posts, how can I do that?

Thanks

• Kimberly

Derekmelo,

Thanks for using WPMU forums :slight_smile:

This plugin has to be used in conjunction with our Post Indexer plugin. :slight_smile:

Check it out here:https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/post-indexer

Happy Searching!

Please let me know if you need anything more.

Best,

Kimberly

If this thread is not resolved because the suggested action did not work or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

• Kimberly

Do your custom posts types have the Main Editor included?

Basically, Post-Indexer will not index posts that have an empty $post->post_content. The Post-Indexer plugin has a list of rules, one of which tests for $post->post_content and deters the indexing if it is empty.

Possible Solutions:
    1- Remove this rule from the plugin code. While it works it is obviously the less desirable choice as it could have negative residual effects. It would also be update-unfriendly, which can be very dangerous if the theme depends highly on this plugin.

2- Add a hidden field into the Edit/Add screen for each custom post type named "content" and populate it to fulfill the plugins test. This is a more desirable solution as it will keep the installation more stable, while allowing you to take advantage of all plugin features going forward.

Please let me know if this helps :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.