Custom Post Types With Custommag

I need help to make this happen:
1. I want to create a magazine with custom press with monthly issues. Each issue monthly also has daily posts for each day of each month.
My intention is to use custompress and prosite plugin and create each month as a custom post type. Then all Months custom post type would be a child of an umbrella post type called magazine. The reason for creating each month as a custom post type is to ensure that only registered and paid users would be allowed to create magazines for months paid for.
2. Also, i would like that when you click the Magazine - user can see all magazines for all months - how can i make this?
3. Is it also possible to hide add new posts on the menu for each of the custom post types?
4. For each custom post type for each month, i would like that every posts for the days of that month is saved as draft and then each month would have a sort of section(this could be like a submenu under each month custom posttype) for the name of the issue for the month, description, cover and also a button called publish - which will then publish all posts for all the days all at once.
5. The arrangement of each posts in each month is based on each day and arranged accordingly - in other words day1 is like say 01/01/15 and so on.......This i believe i can use custom fields for but i would like that when a date has been used, user can not select it anymore, cos it has been taken- this is to avoid duplication.
6. Does your system provide an api to retrieve contents of these posts which can be used to build web apps cos im not considering using your shortcodes? Please advice.
7. Does your system support drag and drop rearrangement of posts.

This is a dream project for me - hope you can profer solutions to make it happen.

• Sajid

Hi @Ademola

Hope you are doing good today

1. I want to create a magazine with custom press with monthly issues. Each issue monthly also has daily posts for each day of each month.
    My intention is to use custompress and prosite plugin and create each month as a custom post type. Then all Months custom post type would be a child of an umbrella post type called magazine. The reason for creating each month as a custom post type is to ensure that only registered and paid users would be allowed to create magazines for months paid for.

You can create unlimited post types with CustomPress plugin there is no limitation. But I am afraid there is no option to have a these post types child of an umbrella PostType out of the box.

2. Also, i would like that when you click the Magazine - user can see all magazines for all months - how can i make this?

CustomPress uses WordPress custom post types feature so you can list it with the get_post_types function.

3. Is it also possible to hide add new posts on the menu for each of the custom post types?

If I understand you correctly then you want to add/hide menu item of each custom post type in main menu. If yes then you could try Post Type Archive Link plugin to do this.

4. For each custom post type for each month, i would like that every posts for the days of that month is saved as draft and then each month would have a sort of section(this could be like a submenu under each month custom posttype) for the name of the issue for the month, description, cover and also a button called publish - which will then publish all posts for all the days all at once.

Yes you can save those as draft or even schedule them to autopublish on a specific date. Later you can bulk publish all the posts from backend by changing the status of these posts.

5. The arrangement of each posts in each month is based on each day and arranged accordingly - in other words day1 is like say 01/01/15 and so on.......This i believe i can use custom fields for but i would like that when a date has been used, user can not select it anymore, cos it has been taken- this is to avoid duplication.

I am afraid, its not possible out of the box. Also I could not find a plugin to accomplish this. However got following post on stachexchange that might be of some help.
    http://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/49977/how-to-limit-user-to-publish-post-per-day-and-per-role

6. Does your system provide an api to retrieve contents of these posts which can be used to build web apps cos im not considering using your shortcodes? Please advice.

There is no API and I think not need to. Because its built according to WordPress API and standards. So you can retrieve and render each and everything by using WordPress function like get_post_types function as mentioned above and get_posts to display posts of each post type. Even its can be used with any WordPress theme and display posts, categories, comments etc.

7. Does your system support drag and drop rearrangement of posts.

Not at the moment, but you can rearrange them easily with free and most popular Post Types Order plugin.

At the end, I would say that I still did not get the idea of crating post types each month. However you could create categories instead and add the posts in that category every day. But its your idea so you may know better than me and good luck for your Dream Project.

Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance.

Cheers, Sajid

• Ademola

are you there sajid?

You did not fully address Question 4 : For each custom post type for each month, i would like that every posts for the days of that month is saved as draft and then each month would have a sort of section(this could be like a submenu under each month custom posttype) for the name of the issue for the month, description, cover and also a button called publish - which will then publish all posts for all the days all at once.

kindly respond to the submenu section where each month names, description, cover image and publish button........

Also, please help with clues on how to build a settings page for this magazine custom post type.

• Sajid

Hi @Ademola

Hope you are doing good today

For my api question, i might need this is build an android app so do you have clues?

For android app of your WordPress see below this article about 5 plugins to turn your WordPress site into an android app.

WordPress also released a rest API that can be used to pull, publish, and even delete WordPress data remotely. But this requires advanced knowledge of HTTP Json request and other programming languages like Java/C#/IOS depending on what platform you use.

Also, if im to do any custom code - where will i place them.

It mostly goes on in functions.php file of your theme/child theme or mu-plugin.

kindly respond to the submenu section where each month names, description, cover image and publish button........

I am sorry, I missed that in my last reply. This is again not possible out of the box with WordPress or CustomPress. You have to do it yourself by custom coding, either frontend or backend.

Also, please help with clues on how to build a settings page for this magazine custom post type.

Each custom post when registered with WordPress. Then WP render is UI itself, like a post or pages panel. However if you want more control over it then you might need to custom code that settings page. save all of them into database and use them on frontend accordingly.

Most of it requires a good deal of customization that is beyond the level of this support. If you know enough PHP then you have to do it yourself, if don't know then perhaps you would need to post a job on custom job development board to hire a professional to help you get this done. I am saying this because its seems to be an application instead of just a simple CMS site.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

Take care and have a nice day

Cheers, Sajid