Custom Post Types with Membership

Hi,

I want to add custom post types to membership plugin. Is there any way to do this?

Thanks

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi RotorRepairs,

Glad ya asked! Currently there’s no built in support for custom post types similar to what’s available with posts and pages, but you may be able to achieve what you’re looking for using URL Groups.

As custom post types generally begin with a particular slug, you could perhaps restrict access to anything utilizing that slug.

As it’s not currently a built in option, I hope you don’t mind my moving this the feature suggestion forum. We can take a look and see if anyone else is interested in custom post type support this way as well.

Anyone else looking for custom post type support?

Thanks,

David

• ckrauskopf
    • New Recruit

I am definitely looking for custom post type support. I need to make an entire post type accessible to a particular membership level, and not accessible to anyone else. I was able to achieve this by setting up a url group with a regular expression to reference the default slug for this post type. However, I now use custom post types for every site I make. I know I’m not alone in this, they make wordpress into a real CMS and every client wants/needs a customized solution. Any membership site I make is likely to need to protect custom post types, and perhaps with more complex rules. I would think that adding functionality to the custom post type and taxonomy support should be the #1 priority for this plugin’s development. My 2 cents.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.