Custom posts stop working when installing directory

Hi,

When I install directory listing plugin some of my other custom posts created manually, stop working.

How can I get them working together?

Thanks
Fernando

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello there @Inforit, I hope you're well today!

Are you using this on a multisite or a single-site installation of WordPress?
    What are the other custom post types that you've created manually and no longer work?
    When you say you created the other post types manually, how exactly do you mean?
    Did you use a plugin to create them, or did you create them by writing the necessary code yourself?
    If you used a plugin, which plugin did you use?
    If you used code can you please post the code you used here?

Please advise,
    Ari.

• Inforit
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Ari,
    Thanks for reply quick reply.
    Its a single install an they are manually created.

They are 2 files one of them has an array with the post type details and this is passed to another file
    with a php class that generates them, it has been working fine until I installed the plugin.

I have also found that even deactivating the plugin things dont go back to normal, and I have to restore a backup.

Thanks

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Inforit,

My apologies for the delay here! Ari is actually no longer working with us, we've moved all his tickets to another staff member but this one might have slipped through :slight_frown:

sorry about that. This could be happening because Directory is built on CustomPress and comes with CustomPress, so if you already had custompress installed, it could be causing a conflict. Can you deactivate both Directory and CustomPress - delete CustomPress, then re-activate Directory :slight_smile:

Let us know if that gets your custom post types back. if not, can you grant support access? Then we can take a closer look.

You can grant support access via admin dashboard - WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

Look forward to hearing back!

All the best,
    Tyler

• Inforit
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Thanks Tyler,

Thought something was wrong.
    The problem was not with custompress as the custum posts are created by code, like I mentioned in the second post.
    I have stopped this project for now.
    Thanks for getting back.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.