Custom Press upgrades and new install

Hiya,

I have 1.07 up and working but need to migrate my installation to another server.

1.Can I just copy the plugins directory and then upgrade to 1.1, or should I reinstall fresh?

2. For the new install, is there a way to keep the existing settings I created with various custom taxonomies and fields already setup?

Thanks!

• DavidM

Hello alberti,

I've tagged this one for the developer to take a look into after having tried an export/import experiment myself that didn't work.

Regarding moving the plugin directory over to the new server, I couldn't see any reason for simply installing the latest version on the new server instead. The plugin uses the database to store information so the plugin folder shouldn't have anything else that needs to be moved.

But it's best to see what the developer has to say on this.

Cheers,
    David

• Ivan

Hi alberti,

1. There are no backward compatibility issues with version 1.0.7 to 1.1. Just upgrade it through the Update Notifications plugin or manually delete the files and put the new ones.

2. If you are keeping your existing database, the settings will be stored. If not there is a way to port the data to a new database ( if you keep the old ) - if that is the case, I can give you instructions on how to do it.