Custom protection message doesn't work

Hey Support-Team,

we are building up a streaming platform where we use your Membership Plugin. As we have a lot of different memberships we do need custom protection messages for every different membership in order to show the "buy" link of the specific membership when a user clicks on a restricted page.

For example: A User visits the site and clicks on a restricted Page of "Membership A". When then want to show an individual text and button. The button should lead the user to the signup of "Membership A".

I activated custom protection messages for this membership and included the link for the signup for "Membership A", but the Page just shows the standard restricted content message of the membership plugin and not my individual one.

Do you get my problem?

Thanks for your help!

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey Alessio,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

Custom Protected messages are defining which message will members of certain membership see if they access some protected content.
    In order to revert this you can simply add this line inside your wp-config.php just above /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */ and that should be it:
    define( 'MS_PROTECTED_MESSAGE_REVERSE_RULE', true );

Let us know if that's what you wanted to do.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Alessio

Hey Predrag, I'm good thanks =)

Maybe it would help to describe the problem differently.

A non-registered user visits our site and is interested in one of our memberships --> he clicks on the page of the specific membership (for example: http://35.156.44.89.xip.io/browse/a-yin-yang-approach-to-the-hips-lower-spine/) --> the user doesn't click on the buy button but on the video you see at the bottom which is restricted --> as the user is non-registered he will be redirected to the genereal "protected content" page.

What we now want is that the user will be redirected to a individual page based on which membership video he clicked on. This individual page should say "This content is restricted, but hey, here you can buy this individual membership" and not show just a general message. I thought that custom messages would exactly do this, is this wrong? Is your solution suitable for this problem?

Best regards,
    Alessio =)

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Alessio,

The page you linked doesn't have anything on it so I'm not sure that I completely understand this, are the Videos you are referring to just linked videos that are protected with a shortcode or each video has its own post and those posts are protected?

Let me try to explain my previous comment a bit more so perhaps then we will be on the same ground here :slight_smile:

Let's say you have two memberships created, M1 and M2, and you have two posts, P1 and P2, P1 will be available to M1 and P2 will be available to M2.

Now let's say that you want to set custom message for M1, by default that message will show to the member if he tries to access content that is not available for his membership.
    For example, it can be something like "Your current membership doesn't have access to this content", and it will show if M1 member tries to access P2, remember that the message is set for M1.
    In this case visitors, without the membership, will still see the default message instead of the custom one.

What the define from my previous comment does is reverts this logic, so the custom message will show for anyone trying to access content protected by that membership.
    In this case you will want to set M1 message to something like "This content is available only to M1 members" and it will show for both visitors and members of M2 that try to access P1 post.

Does this make more sense and is it what you're looking for? :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.