Custom Registration Form For Membership 2 pro

What is the simplest way to build a custom registration form in M2 pro?
We need address, social media channels, and a few other fields.
Then can a member update these in their profiles. We have moved a membership site into a new development site that was using WishList Membership - and we need this feature to complete the site.
We also need this registration page and the membership lists page to match the style sheet of the rest of the pages on the site
Please advise ASAP as I'm behind the eight ball to finish this site.
I see from the forum that some of tried cimy user extra fields plugin. https://wordpress.org/plugins/cimy-user-extra-fields/ but they had problems and it appeared that no solution was offered.
If we were to build a form from scratch like gravity forms how does this link up to M2 pro
and the main Wordpress user's profile.
I'm sorry but I'm newbee to membership projects so I need things explained in layman's terms please...
Thank you for your help!
Larry Davis

• Nithin

Hi Larry Davis,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I'm afraid this would require a lot of custom coding to perform the following task ie to create a form from scratch. The only way possible with the plugin to add custom registration fields is to make use of the Membership 2 Pro Profile Fields addon, under Membership 2 > Add-ons, or you'll have to make use of BuddyPress, and it's xprofile fields to add additional fields.

Other than that, you'll have to make use of the third party plugins to easily achieve your needs, since Cimy User Extra Fields didn't fit to your needs, if you are looking to create a form from scratch, what you could do is make use of your own custom template registration form to replace the default registration form. You could make use of of following plugins, to create your own form:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/profile-builder/
    http://www.gravityforms.com/add-ons/user-registration/

If you are looking to get this done custom developed, would recommend you to check our Jobs & Pros section to get this sorted. I hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Larry Davis

I have the M2 registration set to the BP page "register" and my extended fields are fine - BUT
    after you fill out the registration and hit complete registration it does nothing it does not direct to the membership list (listing types of memberships available).

Also when a user first logs back in and selects Edit My profile it brings up a user log-in history- then if you select edit profile it takes you to the user profile page - I don't why it is doing this.

Please advise ASAP - the client is pushing on me to finish this site...

Again the site is foxtrxdev2.com -
    I have granted access through the WPMU dashboard.

Thank you!
    Larry

• Tyler Postle

Hey Larry Davis,

Hope you don't mind me chiming in on this.

Since the BuddyPress registration doesn't automatically log the user in by default, a redirect to the memberships page won't do a lot of good as they will just select the membership then need to register again.

A better option would be to use the Membership 2 BuddyPress integration and turn on the "Use BuddyPress Registration" page option. You can that via:

Then click "edit details" on the add-on and:

This will change it so when someone goes to sign up, it first gives them your M2 Memberships list and once they select the membership then it takes them to registration and will sign them up and log them in all in one action upon signup.

Would that work for you?

the client would also like us to modify the membership log-in page to also display first and last name is this possible?

This would require custom development as M2 uses the core WP login function which only requires username/email and password. So this is something that you would need to hire a developer for if you're unable to code it up yourself. We do have a Jobs Board for such occasions though: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

You can find a developer from within the community there.

Also when a user first logs back in and selects Edit My profile it brings up a user log-in history- then if you select edit profile it takes you to the user profile page - I don't why it is doing this.

Is it the "Edit My Profile" link in the top right admin bar dropdown that you are referring too? That took me straight to the edit profile fields page in the BuddyPress profile. Can you send a screenshot of the login history page you see? That might help us better understand what is happening.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Larry Davis

THANK YOU -
    We can work with that workflow - giving us the M2 Pro membership list first and then the BP registration -
    But now going further in our new membership - test - we arrive at pay pal - payment is made - we are using a test member for $1 for 1 week - but payment is not communicating with M2 Pro - so the user is still listed as payment pending....
    Do we need to change some setting at Pay Pal?
    Please advise.
    Thank you again -
    Larry

• Larry Davis

Hi Tyler -
    Thank you for helping me through this - I need to get the Pay Pal log-in info from the client tomorrow for the IPN listening issue.

I have another question is there a way to modify the register form in M2 Pro to only show the BP registration extended profile fields and not the WP default fields? Then of course can we then link the BP extended fields to the WP default fields that we wish to use? This is when a new user first registers

For example - at first I did not include in my BP registration form the default WP fields like User Name - First and Last Name - Email etc. - but then when a new user registers the WP defaults were on top of the BP extended fields ( not stylized per my theme like the BP info was...that's frustrating.. ) and when we used the M2 P registration not the BP form we got the fields for User Name, F & L name and email but we needed the extended profiles. Now with the BP Registration we get the nickname, AIM , Yahoo and all the unwanted user profile fields along with the critical user profile on top of the extended profiles.
    Their previous site is http://aviationphoto.org and the membership plug-in Wish List had this issue handled.
    I have my support access turned on if you would like to log-in as admin or user to see what I'm seeing.
    Also the issue from 10/20/16 - this once logged and going to the standard "Edit My Profile" - I have attached a screen shot to illustrate what I'm seeing - only by going to the larryd edit link on this list do we arrive at the user profile.

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Larry,

Now with the BP Registration we get the nickname, AIM , Yahoo and all the unwanted user profile fields along with the critical user profile on top of the extended profiles.

Yes, because in Profile fields in Membership 2 Pro settings those fileds have option to be Optional or Required on registration form

select there first option "-" (dash) like I did for Website and this filed will not show on the registration form.

Also the issue from 10/20/16 - this once logged and going to the standard "Edit My Profile" - I have attached a screen shot to illustrate what I'm seeing - only by going to the larryd edit link on this list do we arrive at the user profile.

Is this right screenshot? Because I'm trying link "Edit My Profile" and this is what I see now on your site

Am I missing some steps here?

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Larry Davis

Hello again -
    Last night - I told you the problem was only in FF but this morning on my second log-in in Chrome the problem is still there - I have included a new screen shot - "profile log-in error screen Chrome"

Regarding some help on CSS - styling . I have requested for some help by posting to the job service - but I think my project is too small to get much interest -
    I'm pretty close to getting the site acceptable for the client. So I hope you could please give me some guidance. Here's what we need for customization:

Currently I need some CSS help on the following:
    1. Log-in page - the check box simply needs to be moved down in-line with the "Remember Me"
    see screen shot "Log-in"
    2. Register form - I need all the field boxes the same size as the first two line items. Then we need the description text on line 3 enlarged by one font size and colored to a blue similar to the page title background. see screen shot "Register"
    3. User Profile - assuming the bug mentioned at the top of this post is fixed.
    See screen shot "Profile1"
    a. we need the Gray boxed "profile" and the view and "edit" text on top of the page - we are already in edit mode we do not need these on top.
    b. we need the notification removed where the user can see or select who has permission to view the field " this field can be seen by everyone" and also the "change" button ( which I know can be changed in the form options- but I see no where to eliminate the notification)

4. Membership List Page- see "Membership-List"
    a. We need the alert box - a clear background and the text bolded - light gray or white. Then the word "subscriptions needs" to be changed to "memberships"
    b. We would like the price on the same line as the membership type and if possible the sign-up button as well ( if possible and still mobile friendly) - the gray background can be made clear and the text light gray or white - the sign-up button is fine as it is.

Would appreciate any help you can provide on the above. Or if you know someone who knows this well and could fix these in the next 24 hours - I would be happy to pay them $100 - my client is a not profit group and I would be paying this from my own pocket...

• Nithin

Hi Larry Davis,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Last night - I told you the problem was only in FF but this morning on my second log-in in Chrome the problem is still there - I have included a new screen shot - "profile log-in error screen Chrome"

It seems like the support access is disabled at the moment, please check this link to enable support access:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

I tried to create a test user, but it seems like your register page is empty, which is odd. So, I wasn't able to check, nor provide any CSS for the login/register forms, as you have wanted.

Please check whether you have the following shortcode present in your /register page:

[ms-note type="info"]We have the following subscriptions available for our site. To join, simply click on the Sign Up button and then complete the registration details.[/ms-note]
    [ms-membership-signup]

Would appreciate any help you can provide on the above. Or if you know someone who knows this well and could fix these in the next 24 hours - I would be happy to pay them $100 - my client is a not profit group and I would be paying this from my own pocket...

You'll have to either check in Jobs & Pros section, or with any other freelancing websites to hire a professional help, if needed. WPMU DEV staffs are not available for outside work.

Since the support access, wasn't enabled, I wasn't able to check whether it's possible with some quick custom CSS, or not. You might find this link helpful, on how the support vs custom coding is differentiated: https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/support-vs-custom-development/

Please let us know, once you have enabled access, so that we could give a closer look. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Mthokozisi,

When using BuddyPress registration (that is enabled in BuddyPress integration add-on) this is default flow: first there is registration and then they can select membership.
    If this is not working this way on your site please contact our live chat support here https://premium.wpmudev.org/live-support/ and they will check this issue on your site.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.