Custom Sidebar - hangs when selecting location

Hi,

We moved our site over to the root directory today. Seems the custom side bar is no longer responding to hide,show settings. When I select the Side bar location the window becomes unresponsive. Any suggestions?

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @Craig,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

It seems from your attached screenshot one of the JS file of Custom Sidebars plugin is not getting loaded due to unknown reason which may be causing this issue.

I have tested it on my test site using latest version of Custom Sidebars plugin and found it's working fine.

You can just try deleting and reinstalling Custom Sidebars plugin.

This may be due to theme/plugin conflict.

You can just try on your development site deactivating all other plugins and using default WordPress theme like Twenty Thirteen as displayed in the flowchart on the following page to know which theme/ plugin is conflicting if any.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/getting-support/

Would you mind if I logged in to your site and did some testing? This might help get to the bottom of this faster. If this is ok, just grant me temporary admin access to your site by clicking "Grant Access" button in the WPMU DEV Dashboard Settings from the following path and reply on this thread after granting it?

Admin -> WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access Tab

If you have not installed WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin yet, kindly do that here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wpmu-dev-dashboard/ and then allow access as per the above process.

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Craig
    • New Recruit

Hi Vinod,

I've tried to activate the the support access but it won't let me click the grant access button. I think it maybe because I had set up 2 other versions of this site for testing. I have deleted the other versions.

I deleted the plugin and reinstalled it last night but it didn't make a difference. The theme is smart-mags child and is packaged with the custom side bar plugin.

I will setup a dev version of the site and uninstall all the plugins and check if it makes a difference.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.