custom sidebar not caching and causing high cpu

Pagely support has identified "custom sidebars" as causing CPU problems and 503 errors:

" Custom Sidebar plugin is starting a PHP session which both sets a cookie and sends headers instructing the responses not to be cached, and this is breaking page caching across the whole site causing all pages to be served dynamically with PHP/WordPress which is both much slower than cache and is also causing elevated CPU usage on the server constantly hitting 100% utilisation"

"You could consult with the plugin's author/support team to see whether there is perhaps a way to disable the usage of sessions, or depending on how they are used if their usage can be restricted to wp-admin or areas where the users are already logged in without breaking caching across the whole site."

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Dart,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The "503 service unavailable, which is often a result of resources limit being hit but a script, is often caused by insufficient memory assigned to WordPress.

I believe however that the diagnosis that you included in your post was given to your by your host, is that right? I checked Custom Sidebars Pro many times on my test setup (which is hosted on rather low-end account) and also I have just reviewed plugin's code. It would be great if you could ask your host for some more information on this: how did they found out about it, if there are any messages in error logs that suggest this (and what are they)...

Let me know please about their message. That would be helpful in further investigation.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.