Custom sidebar not showing up in theme customization

I installed the custom sidebar but i'm not seeing options where I can add things to it or add it to my website even.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Kristina,

Custom sidebars can be added and configured in Appearance -> Widgets:

There you will see new widget screen where you can set which sidebars should be replaced and option to add new sidebars

If this is not working on your site that would you mind allowing support access so we can have a closer look at this?
    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi there Kristina

I hope you had a great weekend!

You are correct that the custom sidebars do not appear on the Customizer screen in your admin. To view them, you need to go to a post or taxonomy of the front-end of your site where you expect them to appear.

However, if you have the Pro version, you should certainly be able to set the visibility of each. Seeing that support access was still active, I logged into your site and confirmed what I had suspected: you had likely updated the plugin via your standard WordPress Plugins screen instead of the WPMU DEV section. That means you had inadvertently updated the free version from wordpress.org.

So I deleted that plugin from your install, cleared the cache from your WP-Engine screen, and installed the Custom Sidebars Pro from your WPMU DEV page.

It all works dandy now. Have fun customizing! :slight_smile:

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi again Kristina

I hope you're well today!

Under Appearance > Widgets, simply check the Allow this sidebar to be replaced box for the sidebar(s) you want to replace on your pages.

Then, under Pages, open the editor for the page(s) where you want your custom sidebar(s) to appear, and select the custom sidebar you want for that page in the Sidebars metabox.

You'll also see all your sidebars listed for each post & page on the main Posts and Pages screens in your admin. :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.