Custom Sidebars plugin stopped working.

I just upgraded to vers 2.0.6 - and now all my custom sidebar positions are thrown. Not only that, but when I try to position them again, on the post-types and categories I need, I don't get the option of any categories or post types.

I hope the values I set previously are in the database still and haven't been lost. I also hope you're working on this and will soon provide another upgrade which will once again give me access to select all my CPTs and taxonomies for selecting where to place my custom sidebars.

I am hours away from launching this site for an important client, so please reassure me.

Thank you
Tim Brocklehurst

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there Tim,

After some more testing, on a fresh install it seems to work, this seems to be caused just on upgrade.

While we continue testing and fixing 2.0.6, can you try downgrading please to 2.0.5 please?

If you visit the plugin page here https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/custom-sidebars-pro/

On the right hand side where you see "Changelog" click that and then click on the 2.0.5, that will download that version.

Connect to your site via FTP and then overwrite 2.0.6 with the 2.0.5 plugin files and you should then at least be able to continue using the plugin. :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• webinc

Hi again Jack

I have installed Custom Sidebars Pro version 2.0.7 and I'm still not able to see any archives or taxonomies, nor hook any of my sidebars to post types.

Please see the screenshots attached. There are numerous CPTs, taxonomies and individual posts/pages on this site which I had specified specific sidebars for and now they're not visible for me to choose any more.

If it helps I can give you access to the backend of my site.
    Please let me have a fix for this.

Thanks
    Tim

• webinc

So, you see, the plugin isn't seeing any of my custom post types, categories, taxonomies nor even anything else by which I might (and have previously) attached sidebars to relevant content.

In case its any help, I'm using Types, by Toolset, to create custom post types and taxonomies. But that was never a problem with previous versions, so I'm sure it can't be that.

Please let me know if you'd like access to my site. I'd be happy have someone fix this for me asap... !

Thanks
    Tim

• webinc

OK... guessing you guys have gone for the weekend, which is fine.

Still unable to work with 2.0.7 so I deleted it and installed vers 1.4 from another of my sites. I have just spent 20 minutes reconfiguring the placement of sidebars with post types and pages, and I can't be sure if I've remembered all the ones I need. Anyway, the site looks better for the time-being and the client is happier.

I will need to proceed with care on any further upgrade because there is a fair bit of work in placing the sidebars again, so I really don't want to lose them if possible.

I really like this plugin, and have a lot of sites I can use it on, hence buying the pro version. But I need to know there will be stability between versions because upsets like this can be rather stressful... (It wasn't immediately evident that it was the updating of the custom sidebars plugin which caused the change in appearance of this site.)

Thanks for all you're doing.
    Tim

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there Tim! :slight_smile:

Hope you're well today, thanks for your patience, sorry about the delay, due to the time zone difference (I'm in the UK), I had gone offline.

I've done some further testing and the lead developer of the pro version and we can't replicate this with 2.0.7.

As of course it's a client site, do you have a sandbox site which is a exact replica, that has the same issue we could take a look at and get this resolved for you?

If you do, can you send me the following please and make sure the WPMU DEV dashboard is installed along with a older version so I can upgrade it. :slight_smile:

- In the subject field add "Attn: Jack Kitterhing"
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include admin/network access
    - Include FTP
    - Include database details (cPanel).
    - Include any relevant URLS for your site

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Philipp Stracker

Hey Tim,

thanks for all your feedbacks! We published version 2.0.8 of the plugin which does solve a similar issue as you experience (there was a problem on certain servers where the plugin options were not correctly saved in database)

1. If you have not done yet then please try to update to the latest plugin version.
    2. After updating check the checkbox "Allow this sidebar to be replaced" for some theme sidebars. Then test again if it is working.

When the problem persists then we will need some login details to your (development) website where we can reproduce the problem. In our internal tests we were not able to observe this behaviour yet...
    This are the details Jack asked for in his previous reply.

Hope to get your page up and running asap :slight_smile:
    Thanks, Philipp

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.