Custom Template

I have a multisite installation, using Vantage Premium.

There are approximately 88 sub sites, all with the same nav bar (menu), header and footer.

I want to create a custom template page for the main page. The content that is now there will be transferred to a new page. I want that main page to have a different nav bar (menu), header and footer.

I did a search here on custom template, but get gobs of hits and can't seem to find the answer I am looking for.

I have also looked at WordPress codex and other sites on creating custom templates, but honestly get to a point where I hit an intellectual wall and cannot put in to action the steps.

Can you assist on this?

Thanks, Ron

• Milan

Hello Ronald

Hope you are well today and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

If I am not wrong you just want to change navigation menu for your main page ( home page ) right?

If this simple thing you want to do then I suggest one another workaround for you. :slight_smile:

What you can do here is,

You can tweak your header.php file ( assuming, menu is being displayed from there ) to check that Is current page is home page ?, if answer is yes, then load menu for home page and if answer is no, do nothing, let theme handle its default menu rendering mechanism.

How's this sound ?
    Cheers,
    Milan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.