Custom templates don't apply to shortcodes

I want to apply a custom template to shortcodes so I can template them in accordance to Bootstrap. I have the necessary template over rides for mp_products.php and mp_product_list.php but these do not appear to affect shortcodes. Specifically, I am using the mp_list_products at the moment.

Screenshot:
https://premium.wpmudev.org/wp-content/uploads/wordpress-chat/156742/2016-05-24/shortocde.jpg

• Gareth

Hi Jude,

So here's the gist of the situation. I have the templates set up in accordance to the documentation within the plugin: (marketpress/ui/themes/Theming_MarketPress.php) and those are working fine for organising layouts and what not on product single pages and product list pages ect...

On the homepage of the website I have the following shortcode: [mp_list_products paginate="0" per_page="6" list_view="1" filters="0" filters="0"]

The goal of this is to display recent products. However, none of the templates I have currently set up seem to affect the layout / output here. The templates I have set up are as follows (in my themes folder):

mp_product_list.php
    mp_product.php
    mp_tag.php
    mp_taxonomy.php

Unfortunately this is a local development project so I can't give you a preview, however I have attached a screenshot of the current situation.

• Gareth

Hello Jude,

I managed to resolve this by not using shortcodes and just using the custom post-type loop with MarketPress to achieve what I wanted. Thanks for your help :wink:

You guys have a great product, and I enjoy all the plugins. The documentation is a little convoluted though. Having said that, I realise it must be a massive under taking to keep everything up to date and legible across a variety of skill levels.

Thanks again and good luck!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.