Custom User Profile and Registration/Subscription fields

Hi all,
I've searched a lot on support forums but I was not able to find a clear answer to a simple question.

Is there a way (without using buddypress)
to customize the signup/subscribe form adding some extra fields and templating it a little bit?
and is it possibile to let users manage theese custom fields even on their edit profile page?

would be great, for example, if one could integrate a plugin like Theme my login (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/theme-my-login/) or others like that to work with your awesome Membership

buddypress is really nice, but for a lot of projects is far too complex especially when you have to develop a site that is already online with a lot of registered users

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi bluantinoo,

Currently, Membership doesn't provide a vistual interface for including and customizing custom profile or registration fields but it can be done with a bit of coding.

You can take a look at the Simple Invites plugin at the following location in the Membership folder, for one example of how to provide custom fields:
    /membershipincludes/plugins/simple.invitecodes.php

Also, the following article covers creation and use of custom profile fields.
    http://justintadlock.com/archives/2009/09/10/adding-and-using-custom-user-profile-fields

Though ultimately, BuddyPress provides the best way to customize those things, as it's all integrated in the plugin, even making that available via the front-end.

Cheers,
    David

• Jonathan
    • The Incredible Code Injector

@bluantinoo,

how can i do it also with Membership subscription form. I'm not afraid of coding, i like it! :grinning:

Barry has created a number of places for you to hook / filter your own code.
    Take a look at /membership/membershipincludes/includes/membership-includes/subscription.form.php you'll see various actions mentioned as follows:

membership_subscription_form_before_subscriptions
    membership_subscription_form_before_paid_subscriptions
    membership_subscription_form_after_paid_subscriptions
    membership_subscription_form_after_subscriptions

etc
    And
    registeratin.form.php

signup_hidden_fields
    membership_subscription_form_registration_presubmit_content
    signup_extra_fields

etc

Have Fun :wink:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.