Customer Accounts and Gravity forms integration

I have recently installed App. + and am looking for a few different things. Can you tell me if these are possible out-of-the-box or with some customization?

Currently I have App+ requiring customers to make logins/accounts before finalizing appointments. Once these accounts are set-up I would like customers to be able to see things like customer account info (i.e. purchase history, past apps, invoices, and other reports). Is this possible in MarketPress or another plugin of yours?

Also, I use Gravity Forms to get customer info in order to create a duration and a price for their service. I am looking for the easiest way to link these duration and prices to App+ so they can set their appointment. I set up a bunch of services with a bunch of different service duration in App.+ thinking I could auto select the closest service duration based on the Gravity Form but not sure this is correct or if even possible.

I hope this is clear enough. Please let me know if i can explain better.

Thank you,
Jon

• Hakan

Hi,

Currently I have App+ requiring customers to make logins/accounts before finalizing appointments.

You can set "Login required" as Yes and force user to register before making an appointment. There are several plugins which you can get special information from the client. But A+ does not do this itself, it just forwards client to the register/login page.

Also, I use Gravity Forms to get customer info in order to create a duration and a price for their service.

Variable price per client can be done using existing hooks to customize prizing depending on some user information.

Variable duration per client seems difficult. Can you give a real life example?

Cheers,
    Hakan

• mr_jonboy

Hakan, thank you for the reply.

We sell cleaning and other labor type services. Depending on the info the customer enters (property size, service desired, any extra services, etc.) the gravity form will calculate the time needed to complete the service as well as the price. Can that be sent to App. + appointment page. Maybe by just auto selecting a service that is already entered into App+ with a similar duration. (i.e. Gravity form calculates 2 hours 20 min and App + auto selects service for 2 hours 30 min).

Also, I didn't see anything in your reply regarding the customer account info (i.e. purchase history, past appointments, invoices, and other reports). Does App+ or another WPMU plugin offer this capability?

Thank you,
    Jon

• Hakan

I believe you will need a dedicated developer to handle all of these requests.

For example you say:

the gravity form will calculate the time needed to complete the service as well as the price.

Where? On which page? How do you plan to insert Gravity forms to A+? There is no integration with Gravity Forms and A+.

Also, I didn't see anything in your reply regarding the customer account info (i.e. purchase history, past appointments, invoices, and other reports). Does App+ or another WPMU plugin offer this capability?

No, A+ does not do this, nor we have a plugin that can do this. This is an appointments plugin, not an accounting one. However you can import appointments to e.g. Excel and do whatever reporting you need. Or you can use database records to create your own accounting from those data.

• mr_jonboy

Where? On which page?

I am looking for the easiest way and plugins required to get the following steps on my site.
    1. Customer enters info into page forms, forms calculate service duration and price (these are already happening).
    2. Customer is sent to App. page to make appointment
    3. Customer makes appointment based on duration and price sent from form.
    4. Customer creates account or logs in.
    5. Customer makes payment.
    6. Customer is sent to their account dashboard showing their orders, history, etc.

No, A+ does not do this, nor we have a plugin that can do this. This is an appointments plugin, not an accounting one.

I am not looking for this functionality for my accounting but for the customers information. I am confused why customers would need to create an account or login to make appointments if there is no benefit to them in creating an account. For example, after they create an account, make an appointment and then come back to the site and login what is there for them to see? i have seen other ecommerce plugins that offer order statuses and history as features and hence the reason I asked about Marketpress. If Marketpress does not do this how well does A+ work with other ecommerce plugins?

Thank you,
    Jon

• Hakan

If Marketpress does not do this how well does A+ work with other ecommerce plugins?

A+ does not support any other e-commerce plugins, but only MarketPress.

I am looking for the easiest way and plugins required to get the following steps on my site.

I am afraid you should find your own way yourself. Or ask a professional developer's assistance, if you don't have the expertise to do that.

What A+ offering is very clearly defined. You should check the hooks inside the codes (and no, there is no documentation for hooks, as developers do not need documentation, but they need comments and comments do exist in A+) and try to find a way to customize it for your needs.

In summary, in your process of Form submission->Appointment making->Account tracking, we only support the appointment part. The rest is completely up to you. Please note that we just deliver plugins, not customized, turnkey solutions that will make your business run off the shelf.

I repeat:

I believe you will need a dedicated developer to handle all of these requests.

Cheers,
    Hakan

• mr_jonboy

Dan,

I still don't have the customer account info (i.e. purchase history, past apps, invoices, and other reports) part of the site running yet as other development things have got in the way but it is on our development track very soon. Currently the way I have it set up is a tag team of gravity forms to gather most of the information, App+ to schedule and run back-end and front-end for appts., and then a membership plugin that handles the profile/login creation and credit card payments (which already had a built in API for a credit card processor). So far that has been working but all 3 have been customized to get it the way we need it.

Back when I needed this help I didn't really feel like the support or the answers I was getting here really did much to help. To me it sounded more like, "Get outta here, kid, you are bothering me." I have a developer that does help on our site with a lot of the custom things and have since learned of other appt. plugins that are better and easier to use then this one. This has some nice things but I have also had to extensively customize it as well. But when you go a direction you have to stick with it for a little while which is what happen here.

I hope this helps. Let me know if I can answer anything else for you.

Thanks, Jon

• Stephanie

GF: I agree, and already use it on a different project.

I'm trying to build a mostly private site for institutional clients to book artists.

One of the main goals is to limit input and work for the admins, so I want to get both clients and artists as much control as possible, but know they are not tech savvy enough to use the classic (back end) dashboard, so I'm trying to build a front-end dashboard.

The artists need to be able to create and use their own page(s) for their bio, work schedules, and other details, as well as approve bookings.

The clients need to be able to book one or more artists for specific events they create for their users (not as part of this system yet). They need to be able to book multiple artists for one event, too. Their front-end dashboard needs to show past bookings, and upcoming bookings.

All these front-end areas need to be user-private, so not visible or accessible by any other user in the system. This is one of the big issues, as Wordpress doesn't do user level access control, and I haven't found 1 plugin that does it!

Let me know if this is confusing, and thanks again for your time and help!

Dan

• Alexander

Hi @markbener,

I'm sorry, we missed this one as it's an older thread. Would you mind opening up a new thread for this? That way we don't miss anything, and can be courteous to the users above. This way they won't be receiving post notifications from our conversation - long after the topic was originally raised.

It's also easier for us to keep track of newer threads.

You can start a new topic here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/qanda

Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.