Customer fill in field for different product options

We're setting up an event where we have different meal options for sale. I'm using Marketpress to set up the different meal options and inserting them into my event using shortcode.

We have an individual ticket which I've added variation options for the meals and a table of 8 ticket that save's $40 - but am unsure how to add the meal options to this one - as it's for multiple people.

Is it possible to add a field next to each product so a customer can add their name/s next to each meal they are buying - so we know who is eating what? I'm unsure how to set this up if someone buys more then 1 ticket and needs to add multiple people next to multiple options.

So, to summarize - I want customers food options and names next to who is eating what - for individual ticket options and a table of eight option. Any ideas?

Thanks

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi @pearlrobin,

currently this isn't possible, it's not something it was designed to do unfortunately. I can certainly add this to the feature requests for a future release, but I can't give any guarantees.

This would probably require quite a lot of custom coding to achieve, you might be able to find a developer over at our developers site here. https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

I'll ask the developer for some clarification on this for you, just in case it is easier than I assume.

Hope this helps

• Jonathan
    • The Bug Hunter

Hi @pearlrobin,

MarketPress was designed more for the sale of digital and physical goods. As Vaughan said you could probably get this to work with a bunch of custom code.

If you're selling tickets to events I'd recommend checking out our Events+ plugin which is far more powerful when it comes to event handling. And in our last update we included the ability to use custom registration fields. :slight_smile:

If you have any additional questions about Events+, @Jack Kitterhing is your man and would be happy to help you get this setup how you need it. :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.