Customer Login

I have just finished setting up MarketPress on my existing website. I do no want customers to be able to log into my website when using my estore. I would much rather they just use the "Checkout Now" function. I have deselected the Force Login function in the set up, but the option for customers login still shows up on the checkout page.

I am not a coding expert and was wondering if there was a fairly simple way to remove this option completely.

Thanks in advance.

• Mapleseed Gallery

Hi Joe. Here's a bit more info . . .

My site is basically a brochureware site with a small e-commerce component (and no blogging component). Maybe I am wrong, but I think in my case the overall customer experience may be better if they can checkout quickly with Paypal Express without having to register for my site.

I don't want to confuse them by offering a choice on the Shopping Cart page. So, if possible I'd like to get rid of the "Have a User Account?" text (and related User Name and Password input fields) on the Shopping Cart page. This would leave users with only the option of selecting the "Checkout Now" button.

Does this make sense?

Regards
    irwin

• Mapleseed Gallery

Hi hpidriver

Thanks for the help. You css edits worked great to remove most of the registration info. Following your lead, I added the following:

[1] To remove the label "Have a User Account?" on the shopping cart page I added:
    th.mp_cart_login{
    display:none;
    }

[2] To remove "Made a purchase here before? Login now to retrieve your saved info »" on the shipping page I added:
    p.mp_cart_login_msg{
    display:none;
    }

The only thing left that I can't figure out is how to remove the "Checkout Directly" just above the Checkout Now button on the shopping cart page. (It seems redundant now that the login info has been removed).

Thanks in advance.

Regards
    irwin

• aecnu

Greetings Irwin,

I will certainly not interfere with you and hpidriver working together to get this handled via css.

I use a much more brute force way of doing it removing the code form the core or adjusting the code so be it.

But I will also comment on the last need there, "Checkout Directly" can be removed or modified as you see fit templates-functions.php around line 484 in the \marketpress\marketpress-includes folder - you can adjust or remove it there.

Let me know if that concludes this ticket and in any event have a GREAT upcoming weekend!

Cheers, Joe

• Mapleseed Gallery

Hi Joe & Hpidriver.

Thanks for the info.

Joe, I have used your suggestion to delete the "Checkout Directly" text.

Hpidriver, I have used your solution to hide the customer input. Joe's idea may be more permanent and I might make these changes once I know for sure that I don't want to allow customer registrations. In the interim your concept was simple and would be easier to reverse if I change my mind.

Thanks again . . . Both of your comments and assistance was very much appreciated.

:slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.