I find this rather strange:

Current Pro Site

Pro Site privileges will expire on: September 27, 2013
Level: 2 - xxxxxxxxxx
Payment Gateway: PayPal Express/Pro
Payment Term: 1 Month

------
The Subscription Has Been Suspended in PayPal

Please check your PayPal account for more information.

They should continue to have access until September 27, 2013.
PayPal Profile ID: I-xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Last Payment Date: July 23, 2013
Last Payment Amount: $xx.xx

It states Last Payment Date is July 23, 2013 however Pro Site privileges will expire on: September 27, 2013.

What happen to August?
Also if the Subscription Has Been Suspended in PayPal why does the site still have a Pro Site privileges?

There is also an other account with details
Last Payment Date: July 26, 2013
Previous Payment Term: 1 Month
Extended until October 2, 2013

• northgate

Are you referring to the initial/first sign up month?

All subscription are for 1 month term.

The subscription was not canceled the issue is the customer was billed for 1 month which is supposed to have expired however the system some how did not expire that Pro site status but some how added additional time to the time already received.

Correct me if I'm wrong but July 23, 2013 to September 27, 2013 is not 1 month.

Shouldn't the system set the expiration date 30 days after payment was received?

Also how many times does the system attempt to bill a PayPal account before can cancelling the Pro site status?

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @northgate

Ah I see, The system sets it for the same time each month (payment) to be taken out, if the user cancels within the month, they should receive the remainder of their subscription term, then no further payments should be taken.

August for some strange reason seems to be missing as you say, can you check in your PayPal IPN history if you have a response code for a failed payment or a failed payment, there, as that should tell us more about what happened there.

This

The subscription was not canceled the issue is the customer was billed for 1 month which is supposed to have expired however the system some how did not expire that Pro site status but some how added additional time to the time already received.

If the customer was billed for a month, isn't that correct if they didn't cancel? As it's an automatic recurring payment :slight_smile:

Also how many times does the system attempt to bill a PayPal account before can cancelling the Pro site status?

It should only attempt the billing once.

Look forward to your response.

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.