Customer signed up and plug in doesn't work

I called, because this is a bit of an emergency. Your plug in is an issue. I had someone sign up as a basic member on my site: http://www.yourpocketpsychic.com. My gateway is paypal. The transaction was for 5.99/mo, which is recurring. The customer, signed up and received an email confirming the transaction and then another email stating the recurring payment was cancelled. I received 3 emails from Paypal. The 1st told me I had another automatic payment profile, the second confirming payment and the third canceling the recurring profile. The email telling me the that it was cancelled said it was initiated by me. I called Paypal, they said nothing happened on their end to create an issue and that it had to be a computer glitch, because all transactions occurred within seconds of each other--too fast for a human to log in and cancel. this is done through your membership plug in. What is wrong with it? Is it a setting? A glitch on recurring payments? I can't have this happen, as I hope to have thousands of users of this services. Please get back to me asap. I have copies of the emails on my end and the client sent a copy of what he received on his end from paypal.

• Paul Barthmaier

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear about your difficulty. Have you already contacted our Accounting department? It might be best to send them an email at contact@incsub.com. You can reference this information, but they will have access to email so you can share the relevant information via email. They will also have support staff nearby who can field tech questions too. And if you're really lucky you'll get them directly!

Hope this helps. Let us know if you get stuck somewhere.

Cheers,
    Paul

• tracy_rebbun_crossley

I haven't contacted your accounting department. My membership is paid. I am not quite clear what they are going to tell me in accounting that is going to solve the issue, especially if the plug in is not going to work. And I am also guessing it is highly doubtful that they will give me any tech help. So, my question is, what am I supposed to do with this customer? He is not going to be on a recurring membership. And now, I am stuck with him having paid for a one month membership fee.

• tracy_rebbun_crossley

I just had a second client sign up on my website for membership. This same thing happened. I received Paypal confirmations and the "profile cancelled" one again for a recurring payment. I am not quite clear what the issue is with the programming of your membership plug in, but I doubt this has anything to do with your accounting department, since my account with you is paid. I am going to start to lose people, if I have not already lost them from the registration process being tedious anyways.

This client also ended up registering as a member and not paying, when she went back to do the process from start to finish, she found that her username was taken and so I deleted the user name and manually took her information, inputting her credit card info etc...and now she has no user name and is not active on my website.

I am finding this plug in to so far not save me time and energy, if anything it is a painful process. Please help.

• aecnu

Greetings tracy_rebbun_crossley,

Sorry to see that you are having these issues.

It appears you have two separate issues going on there. The second issue can be fixed by adding her user name back to the Membership plugin.

Logged into the admin dashboard and go to Users --> Add new and add her user name back into the user list.

Then go to Membership --> All Members --> the new user name should appear --> check mark the users name and then go to the Bulk Edit drop down box and add the applicable subscription and membership level to the user or if you however in the columns for those items you will see "add" come up without using bulk edit.

In regards to the first issue, PayPal has indeed recently made changes to the gateways, at least in some instances where they now require the user to check mark subscription - specifically acknowledging the subscription.

Which PayPal gateway are you using?

PayPal Express Gateway or the PayPal Single Payments Gateway

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.