Customers not able to register for courses

Our customers are not able to register for courses on our site. The price shows up now as $0.00 and when they register, the page goes blank.

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi Meagan,

Hope you're well?

Have you recently updated at all?

Sorry, I receive an invalid token when I try support access. Could you revoke access & then grant it again as that usually fixes the token error & I can then login and take a look.

Thanks

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Meagan, Michael here!

I do see what you mean on your site, though this only appears to be happening for paid products. I'm assuming that since you mentioned the prices for the products reverting to $0.00, that we'll want to check out the products themselves inside of MarketPress.

I'm getting an invalid access token error when I try logging in with the Support Access you've granted, could you please revoke & re-grant it?

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi Meaghan,

It looks like your servers over capacity at moment.

However, I did manage to get the products listing ok. I simply edited each course and just hit done button again without changing anything. This then added all the correct prices to the courses in the products page.

Hopefully that should've sorted, though something is seriously slowing your server down currently as I keep getting 503 errors.

Hope this helps

• Meagan
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Yes. It's the CoursePress Pro plugin. For some reason, whenever anyone accesses a course page, it stops the entire website. In addition, no one is able to register. I'm not sure what the problem is. It isn't simply a problem with pricing.

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Meagan, Michael here, thanks a bunch for your patience! :slight_smile:

We're going to want to have a deeper look at things, could you please send in the following via our secure contact form:

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Michael Bissett
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include WordPress admin access details (login address, username & password)
    - Include FTP log-in details (hostname, username & password)
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

IMPORTANT: Please make sure you select "I have a different question" for your topic, so it doesn't go back to the forums - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Jose
    • Bruno Diaz

Hello there @Meagan,

Hope you are doing great.

We were working my colleague Michael and we found that there are two separate issues.

- The checkout problem was caused by the Store page not defined correctly in MarketPress settings. CoursePress needs a Shopping Cart page defined in order to work correctly. We already fixed it and everything seems to work fine now with regard to the checkout.

- The loading time issue is being caused mostly by CTA plugin actually, and let me clarify this.
    The 63% used by CP in the profiler graphic is in relation to the time that PHP takes to create the main page, which is taking around 2.5 seconds for a logged in user. So, CP takes between 63%-40% of 2.5 seconds. (depending on the page).
    This is not bad considering that CP achieves a heavy task on each request since it needs to calculate the progress/completion and several other things for each course, unit and student.

So, I was profiling your site from the client side (the browser) and most of the load time is taken to load static files. Javascript libraries mainly.
    CTA plugin is doing some odd things with async loading routines. Disabling it makes a huge difference.
    If you still see that the static files are taking too much time to load, you will need to check with your hosting if they can take a look.

Please try the checkout and loading times (disable CTA first) and let us know how it goes.

Thanks,
    José

• Meagan
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Yes, it does not appear to be a problem with the CTA plugin as I got the same memory usage when activated and deactivated and load times seemed unaffected if not worse when it was deactivated. I had the same problem when I first installed your plugin, but it was resolved with an update. The most recent updates seem to have slid us back a significantly....

• Jose
    • Bruno Diaz

Hi Meagan,

Sorry about the page builder plugin. Won't happen again :slight_smile:

As you can see in the attached image, the main page takes around 2.5 seconds to load.
    The odd thing here is that some relatively small static files like JS libraries, fonts, css, are taking too long to load.
    CP may affect the performance of the main file, but not the loading time of static files.

Could you please try with vs without CP activated and check for the loading times in the network panel of the dev tools as showed in the image.

Thanks in advance,
    José

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.