customising coursepress

I'm trying to use CoursePress with a non-WPMUDev theme (sorry, but I have a theme I love from elsewhere).

Unfortunately, CoursePress does not look good in this theme. I would like to customise what my students see, but some pages appear to be 'virtual' and therefore prevent me from editing. In particular, the course summary page (where students go to enrol), and the course pages themselves (plus the workbook and discussion pages).

How can I go about customising the appearance of these pages? I don't want to have to hive off the courses from my main site by creating another Wordpress installation using the inbuilt CoursePress theme (as this would make it very complicated to manage users across both sites). However, I equally don't want to be forced to compromise on the design of my main site because CoursePress can't play nicely.

Can anyone suggest the best way forward?

Thanks!

• Vaughan

Hi @kpitkin,

Hope you're well?

You can change them from virtual pages in the coursepress settings.

Then use the shortcode on that page as per the description underneath each setting (see screenshot)

For example. I create a page called 'Enrollment'

I add the following shortcode to that page.

[cp_pages page="enrollment_process"]

Now in the settings page, I select this enrollment page in the dropdown for the enrollment process page.

Do the same for the other pages.

Hopefully that should get you going.

Hope this helps

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.