Customising the Auto-Generated MarketPress Menu

Hi there,

By default, MarketPress adds three links as a drop down to the main navigation when it encounters a link to the store page (or sub-pages, I gather?)

I can see that there’s a constant that can be defined to hide this menu (MP_HIDE_MENUS), but I was wondering if there was a way to customise it instead? I’m making a shop for a clothes designer and so I feel that using the word ‘Products’ isn’t really that suitable to describe the collections. The menu is being managed through wordpress rather than being defined by the theme (the shop is part of a larger wordpress website).

It’d be nice to keep the standard MP functionality so I was wondering if there was a way to override the names of these links without altering the core php files.

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi @selinablow

Welcome to the forums!

There sure is!

In your WP admin, go to “Appearance” > “Menus” and remove the “Store” page from your menu.

Then use the “Custom URL” section to define your own menu items to the “Store”, “Product” and “Cart” pages with whatever labels you need.

Also, if you go to “Products” > “Store Settings” and scroll down to the bottom, you can change the URL structure.

However, neither of those 2 things will change the word “Products” that appears on store pages. The most upgrade-proof way to change any text strings is to use an editor like PoEdit to create a language file to replace the one you’re using now. You can change any text string that has been i18n-alized (__e)

Hope this helps! And thanks for being a member :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.