Customization and usage questions (changing links & multisite)

I have two different questions regarding the post voting plugin.

Customizing the template tags links.
I use the template tags to vote on a custom post type.
This is the code I use for the thumbs up image: <?php echo wdpv_get_vote_up(true, get_the_ID()); ?>
Were can I find the code for changing the thumbs up image to a text link?
So to be clear I want a text link instead of just the thumbs up image.

The same question I would have for the voting results. I want to add a image next to the results number.
This is the code I use for the results: <?php echo wdpv_get_vote_result(true, get_the_ID()); ?>

Is this possible?

Another question is regarding multisite.
Can the post voting plugin be used as a rating system for multi sites. We want to rate the different sites in stead of the different post or pages. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance for the help!

• Mason

Hiya,

I'm gonna ask the developer to respond here, but that I know of we don't have a method of modifying the image (or replacing it) without modifying the actual plugin.

Also, the plugin provides for voting on post types, but not individual sites. You could, though, always have a post_type of 'site' for example and auto-create 1 post per site and provide for posting. Then you could use that as a per-site voting method.

I'll see if Vlad has any other ideas here.

Thanks!

• Vladislav

Hi,

As for customizing the plugin output, all output is created in the codec class (file: lib/class_wdpv_codec.php), so you'll want to make your changes there. At the moment, the changes would have to be applied to the class itself, which is not really optimal as they'll get lost in the updates. We'll be exposing the markup to be changed through filters in future versions.

As for using the plugin as site rating mechanism, it's really dependent on your needs and concrete implementation. The plugin counts votes on things recorded in posts table (so, posts, pages and custom post types) only. However, the plugin does keep track of votes across network and is able to compare results. So, if you're aiming at rating sites according to overall number of votes, that should be quite easy to implement. There are also ways you could achieve something similar to site rating by e.g. allowing voting only on a certain page per site.

• Mason

Hiya,

As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this ticket as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and for being a member of WPMU DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Thanks

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.