Customization, Front-end Editor

Hello,

I still have several questions regarding Events +. My Front-end form is cut off on date/time/open/close event form.

I want to remove extra features like visual editor and adding media.

I do not see Google Maps (or any maps), yes I have activated the feature and download the add-on.

I have took a screenshot to show my above requests. See link below:

http://scionet.com/screen1.jpg

Thank you.

• Vaughan

Hi @scionet,

Currently the front-end editor doesn't support the googlemaps location. I can certainly add this to the feature requests though for the developer to look into.

With regards to the actual editor buttons, You will need to edit the plugin code to change this. This wouldn't be recommended though as you would need to change this every time the plugin is updated. Let me just ask one of our developers to see how easy this would be, as i'm unsure of exactly the code changes required as it uses JS.

Hopefully the developer should respond shortly.

Thanks

• Jose

Hey there @scionet,

Hope you are doing great today!

I was taking a look at your request, and some things can be achieved without changing the plugin code, but some others no.

For the "quick tag" buttons (bold, italic, etc), you can use the filter hook "quicktags_settings" as follows:

add_filter('quicktags_settings',   '_remove_quicktags', 10, 2);

function _remove_quicktags( $qtInit, $editorID )
            {
                //Modify only the desired editor.
                if('eab-events-fpe-content' != $editorID){
                    return $qtInit;
                }
                // Remove the following elements from the editor.
                $remove_these = array('link','em','strong','block','del','ins','img','ul','li','ol','code','more','spell','close','fullscreen');
                // Convert string to array
                $buttons = explode(',', $qtInit['buttons']);
                // Loop over items to remove and unset them from the buttons
                for( $i=0; $i < count($remove_these); $i++ )
                {
                    if( ($key = array_search($remove_these[$i], $buttons)) !== false)
                        unset($buttons[$key]);
                }
                if(count($buttons) > 0){
                    // Convert new buttons array back into a comma-separated string
                    $qtInit['buttons'] = implode(',', $buttons);
                } else {
                    $qtInit['buttons'] = ',';
                }
                return $qtInit;
            }

As you can see in, there is a list of buttons to be removed. You can change it to fit your needs.
    I also wrapped this into a must use plugin for you. You just need to download the attached file and place it under the following folder:
    ../wp-content/mu-plugins/
    You must create the folder if it doesn't exists.
    Of course, you can also use this code in your functions.php, bp-custom.php or custom plugins.

For the media button and featured images, you will need to customize the plugin code directly.

For media button change the wp_editor() initiator in ..\wp-content\plugins\events-and-bookings\lib\plugins\eab-events-front_page_editing.php in line 542 to this:

wp_editor(
    			(!empty($post->post_content) ? $post->post_content : ''),
    			'eab-events-fpe-content', array(
    				'textarea_rows' => 5,
    				'media_buttons' => false,
                                    'tinymce' => false
    			)
    		);

For the featured image, you need to remove or comment the lines 479 to 491 in the same file.

Regarding the form being cut off, I can't reproduce the issue. It might be some template/CSS issue.
    If you need help with that, please send me the following information via <a href="https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/
    ">contact form:

- In the subject field add "Attn: Jose”
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include WP admin/network access
    - Include FTP
    - Include any relevant URLS for your site

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

Hope this works for you!

Cheers!
    JJ

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.