Customize checkout and cart page

Hello,

i'm trying to get a customization for marketpress plugin on my site.

I'm following tips listed on "theming_marketpress.txt" and using functions found on "template-functions.php".

I found a trouble while facing this page

Cart/Checkout Page
mp_cart.php

This file will replace two different pages....
store/shopping-cart/
store/shopping-cart/checkout/

And if i build up a custom cart on "mp_cart.php" how can i know if i am in one or the other page?

i mean...in the cart page i have to build the shopping cart...
in the checkout page i have the customer choose between payment options..are two different template.

I'm sorry but i can't figure out how to solve this customization!

thanks

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi giacomoneri and first off, welcome to WPMU DEV!

I think there's just one template to be used for the cart currently and the internal cart function would handle the cart pages respectively.

I'll ask the developer to have a look here as I'm not totally sure.

-David

• Aaron
    • CTO

I don't have it in front of me but you just need to include the one template function in you content area from template-functions.php, it handles it all. If you need to get the actual page you can parse that from the query var. let me know if you need that and I'll track it down.

• giacomoneri
    • New Recruit

Thanks to all!

I understand that your code will do parse and everything by itself so it will catch where i am.

my questions now is: (and my original goal!)

is there an "elegant street" to customize the payment options image?

i suppose the function to get cart and everything, is

mp_show_cart

with a lot of arguments.

The best way to change the images (or some pieces of html) in order to keep compatibility with next upgrades...is to retrieve the html without "echo" and then parse it replacing images with other images?

Or is there an "easier" way that i can't catch?

thank you very much

• Aaron
    • CTO

I don't recall many or any actual image calls except what's pulled in from the gateways. You would need to edit those gateways the change the images. Though as they are class properties it should be possible to change those via a plugin. Anything else can be customized via css.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.