BuddyPress Fun: Customize Dropdown/Hover Color of theme menu

I'm trying to customize the color of the dropdown portion of our theme menu in the BuddyPress Fun theme... I have tried overwriting it using the code I found in Firebug but it doesn't seem to change anything. (OK I lied... the main menu item changes color when hovering over it, but for the life of me I can't get the dropdown box or sub-menu hover to change.)

I added the following code to my child themes style.css file to get the parent menu items to change color, but nothing else that I do will override the yellow color that is in the menu dropdown. (Even if Firebug and Chrom element inspect tool show that the color should be changed...)

#custom #container #nav ul li a:hover {
background: #0D9AB8 !important;
}

#custom #nav li a:hover, #container #nav ul li a, #nav li:hover a {
background: #0D9AB8 !important;
}

Any ideas as to what I am missing here?

Also, as a side note, while looking for the code that is overriding my customizations, I noticed that there was a call for a dropmenu.js file in my wp-content/themes/bp-fun/_inc/js directory, but it is not there and returned a 404 error. There is a file named drop_down.js in that directory... wondering if that got renamed in a theme update and a connection was broken? Not sure if that is what is causing my problem with the color changes, but thought I would bring it up for the developers...