Customize Email From MarketPress

Hello,

I am using MarketPress in conjunction with Appointments Plus to handle the check out process of booking an appointment on my site. When an appointment is booked the customer just gets an email from MarketPress. Is it possible to have it send the Appointments Plus email with their appointment details as well?

The customer must have an email sent with their appointment details. Otherwise this integration is useless.

Thanks,
Ian

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Ian

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

Would you please try with the attach beta versions?

DO NOT delete the plugin from admin dashboard, upload the plugin via ftp and overwrite the existing one.

Please let me know if it fixes your issue.

Cheers
    Ash

• Ian
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Why are there two downloads? They trigger a fatal error, ugh.

Warning: require_once(/home/tbutler/public_html/wp-content/plugins/appointments/includes/class_app_buddypress.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tbutler/public_html/wp-content/plugins/appointments_beta/appointments.php on line 107

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/tbutler/public_html/wp-content/plugins/appointments/includes/class_app_buddypress.php' (include_path='.:disappointed:usr/lib/php:disappointed:usr/local/lib/php') in /home/tbutler/public_html/wp-content/plugins/appointments_beta/appointments.php on line 107

• Ian

This function is something that should be built into MarketPress when WPMU decided to integrate with Appointments +.

It's a pretty poor integration.

If there is a workaround for this, someone please advise so emails can be sent from A+ with details of the appointment which was booked by the user.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

I am sorry for the confusion here. You uploaded the appointments_beta folder. In fact, you needed to upload all files from inside appointments_beta folder to appointments folder in your server.

Anyway, I talked to developer about this. And he said that we have some ongoing issues when A+ is integrated with MP and he is working on fixes of those. Here is a thread where he promised to update about this. Would you please keep an eye in this thread?
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/appointment-marketpress-confirmation-email-problem#post-548635

Thanks for your patience.

Cheers
    Ash

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

That beta contains some fixes about integration, though I am sorry I am not sure this one.

Better, I am tagging the developer @Vladislav in this thread for this valuable opinion.

Note that, developer response might be slower than staff response as they need to deal with so many issues.

Thank you for your patience.

Cheers
    Ash

• Ian

Hello Vladislav,

Thanks for this, but it's not working. When I now book an appointment before going through MarketPress no email is sent to the admin saying an appointment has been booked. This email which is essential is also not sent when the MarketPress checkout is completed. So no emails are now being sent to the admin.

Also, the user still does not get the Appointments + email with the time and date of their appointment. They only get the email from MarketPress. Can you help fix this issue?

You can try a test checkout for yourself here: https://www.timkbutler.com/booking/appointment/make-an-appointment/

Please let me know when these issues can be fixed.

Best,
    Ian

• Ian

Hello Vladislav,

So everything is working perfectly when the user checks out with a credit card. The issue now lies when someone chooses "Manual Payment" as an option within the MarketPress checkout. The admin doesn't get a notification email about the new booking and the customer only gets an invoice email but no information about the appointment.

I need it to do exactly what the credit card checkout does. Which is to most importantly, send a notification email to the admin of the new booking. I would also like to have the appointment info sent automatically to the customer who requested a booking with "Manual Payment," if possible.

Thanks,
    Ian

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hi,

Actually, the integration with both gateways works the same - the confirmation email will *not* be sent until the appointment has been paid for. To be exact, the confirmation email is being sent out when an appointment's status becomes "confirmed" or, in a paid environment, "paid". In MarketPress manual payment terms, the appointment will remain as "pending" until the order has been marked as paid. With other gateways, this happens automatically and usually (but not necessarily) right away.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.