Customize MarketPress Shipping Table

Hello-
Has anyone customized the MarketPress shipping table? Seems odd to charge the same amount to ship one state away as it would be to ship 8 states away. Am I missing something in the table options?

I am looking to break the lower 48 states into smaller shipping areas to be able to vary the pricing for shipping within the U.S..

Also looking to do the break down the 'international' option into smaller shipping areas.

Anyone encounter this?

Thanks!

Simply Music

• aecnu

Greetings Simply Music,

Thank you for the great question which indeed I do not know of anyone customizing the table other then using the facilities listed within the plugin, but i would first encourage you to update to the newest cutting edge version of Market Press to the Market Press version 2.8 Beta V6 which is near completion.

As written in the development post there have been some shipping adjustments and such and though I am not personally running it yet due to wanting to be on the main stream version as most clients for support purposes, I invite you to try it and even post on that thread for any possible pre-release items you may want to have considered.

In any event, let me know how it goes or if you want to continue to work with 2.7 which any custom coding items may be lost with the next version?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.