Customize Pro Sites Signup Page

I have read several different posts here and have found several (some broken) links to tutorials that don’t seem to work. I want to modify the contents and layout (html) of the Signup page (wp-signup.php). I have tried creating a Page Template, which worked, until I processed the form. Then, instead of being on ‘my-custom-page’ I get reverted to wp-signup.php again which has some semblance of my custom theme but there are errors due to the fact that there are hardcoded div tags with classes and IDs that I don’t use. I have seen others who copied the file to their theme folder and changed the links to the included files, but that just throws errors for me. I’m not sure what’s going on but any help is appreciated!

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

Just checking if it was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that’s great news.

If not, could you let us know by re-opening this topic, and we’ll get onto it and helping you out asap!

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thanks!

• phillipfx
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I’m having problems following this guide-http://wordpress.org/support/topic/how-to-setup-a-custom-wp-signup-page-with-wordpress-mu

Any suggestions on how to get a custom sign up page for site creation process with pro sites?

I’ve copied wp-signup.php to my active themes folder , replaced wp-signup with the permalink code, and added template block, but no luck getting the page to view properly….

Thanks

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

Thanks for posting in this thread, however it might be best if you open your own, even if the issues seem closely related. That way it will remain independent of this one and ensure it doesn’t confuse issues here if this thread needs reopening again by the author.

Posting on old threads can also lead to us missing your questions.

It also means the member who started this thread or anyone following it isn’t inundated with post notifications each time we respond to each other. A lengthy thread could annoy the original

This also allows us to better track and answer your questions to ensure we don’t miss any for ya.

You can start a new thread here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/qanda/

Don’t forget to link back to this one if it is relevant :slight_smile:

Thanks.

• Daniel
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi all, I’m new to wpmudev and creating a custom signup page was one of the first tasks on my list to do. I managed to create my own custom signup page and have and wrote up instructions here.

In response to @rodeoramsey, I had the same issues. To fix this replace your require( ‘../../../wp-load.php’ ); with require(‘./wp-load.php’:wink:; and follow the same pattern with require( ‘../../../wp-load.php’ ); replacing it with require(‘./wp-blog-header.php’:wink:;.

I hope this helps anyone else struggling with the same issues too.

Daniel

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.