Customize snapshot to allow admins of subsites to take backup

I need that each admin can take backup of their website individually and then that backup will be saved somewhere on the cloud. I need customize snapshot to allow admins to take backup

• James Morris

Hello adam,

I hope you are well today.

I'm afraid what you're wanting to do is not possible with Snapshot and would require a significant rewrite of the plugin to accomplish.

The reason this feature has not been built into the plugin is that, for this to function correctly, the global user tables for the network would have to be scanned for the associated blog's users and only those users backed up. Then, there's the matter of storing those files. Offloading them to another server/service would work, but there's no way to associate different authentication details per subsite.

Due to the very significant amount of custom coding that would be required to accomplish this, I'm afraid this is not something we can accomplish for you here. Please see: https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/support-vs-custom-development/

However, I'd be happy to move this topic to the Features & Feedback forum for consideration for future releases by our Dev Team. Please keep in mind that such requests are considered on a demand basis. The more demand there is for a feature, the more likely it will make production.

If this feature is absolutely critical for your business, you may want to consider placing a bid request on the Jobs & Pros board where fellow members can bid on this custom job for you. Note: The pros on the jobs board are not associated with WPMU DEV.

I hope this clarifies a bit.

Best regards,

James Morris