Customize the Affliate plugin to work with other plugins

Hi,

I am interested to extend the affiliate plugin to work with an external plugin (external to WPMU). and in my current case, this plugin is event-registration:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/event-registration/

I've read on WPMU.org a first explanation about the affiliate plugin :

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/integrating-the-affiliate-plugin-part-one/

I am interested to gather a community involved in regular events and to transform them into affiliates in spreading the word towards twitter, facebook, ... and let them receive a fee for registred attendees to those events.

I'm not a developper and I am interested to know if it is easy to extend the affiliate plugin to track registration events (and as the event-registration tracks down payments (from paypal and amazon), and for checks or bank wire the admin could add a flag to confirm the payment).

I completely agrees as no one knows how this plugin is coded, it is impossible to say if it could work.

But I more interested to understand how it is possible (and the level of complexity involved) to extend it to track such actions.

I hope that I'm clear enough :slight_smile:

Thank you for your time.

F

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi

'm not a developper and I am interested to know if it is easy to extend the affiliate plugin

You'll definitely need some development skills to integrate it.

if it is easy to extend the affiliate plugin to track registration events (and as the event-registration tracks down payments (from paypal and amazon), and for checks or bank wire the admin could add a flag to confirm the payment).

It depends on the plugin concerned. You will need a minimum of two actions that you can hook into - one on registration and one on payment received. If the plugin you want to integrate has those available and passes through the user_id of the user who registered / sent payment then it is fairly easy to do - if not, then it will require more work to add those into the main plugin so the affiliate plugin can integrate.

• drpaul
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

ok... say the plugin has those two actions available and will even pass as much information about the user as possible....

please, in as simple terms as possible, how and where do I, the non-programmer Affiliate plugin user, enter php code to bridge these two events to the Affiliate plugin?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.