Customizer menu change publish says something’s gone wrong

When I try to customize my menu in theme customizer it says:
“Looks like something’s gone wrong. Wait a couple seconds, and then try again.”

We tried to troubleshoot a theme whose Configuration was not working on the WPMU hosting
The theme developer found the issue.

The developer advised me to ask for the hosting provider to set Default date.timezone for php settings.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Luca,

I hope you’re well today!

I’ve tested the theme that you’re using on my two different test sites: one on our WPMU DEV Hosting and one on a completely different, shared host (not related in any way to WPMU DEV hosting) that I was using for long years without issues.

I could replicate the issue on both so I would say it’s not related to hosting itself. The time zone setting on WPMU DEV Host is defaulting to UTC time (and that’s how the default PHP timezone setting is and should be set) and shouldn’t be changed. But since it’s happening on different – not related in any way and not even similar in any kind of configuration aspect – hosts, I’d say there’s something more into it than just time zone.

If the theme requires different setting than UTC then it should be addressed directly in the theme via it’s code (with internal conversion on PHP level) but if it does require UTC – then it’s already set that way and the issue would be different and related strictly to the theme code. The theme is a 3rd-party custom theme so please ask its developer to give it another look. If they still insist it’s related to that PHP timezone setting, please ask them to provide (and pass it over to us here) more explanation/description in what way it’s related and how they are using that in theme – so we could see if we could find any workaround for this.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.