Customizer not working for mapped domain

Customizer not working for mapped domains, it works fine in original domain. Created a staging site, and disabled all the plugins, the issue still exists. It works fine once Domain Mapping plugin is disabled.

Please check the chat for more info.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Gavin

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I think there's more into it. I've tested the issue on my own setup with Domain Mapping configured the same way as on yours and with both Twenty Seventeen theme and Customizr theme. In both cases on mapped domain Customizer worked for me, regardless whether I went to "Appearance -> Customize" or clicked "Customize" in an admin toolbar on front-end.

On your site, however, there's too many redirects error in browser. It does happen even if I simply try to go to "Dashboard" of that sub-site with a mapped domain (even via "Network Admin -> Sites" list, by clicking on "Dashboard" link for that sub-site).

Does the same happen on a live site then? How is the mapped domain configured - via DNS or is it add-on/parked domain? Are there any additional redirects set (e.g. on server)?

Let me know please.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.