Customizing BuddyPress user profiles

(1) How do I customize the BP profile page (refer to profile.jpg)? I want to add a few fields in addition to "Name".
(2) How do I fix the profile settings view? (refer to profile_settings.jpg)
(3) How DO I control what is displayed in the main menu when logged in (refer to menu.jpg)?
For instance in my current setup, I want to remove Account, Account, Memberships & Register.

Thanks
Shireen

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi there @Shireen

I hope you're having a great day!

For #1: You can add as many profile fields as you like to your BuddyPress profiles by going to Users > Profile Fields.

If you're running a multisite, that will be in your network admin if you have network-activated BuddyPress, otherwise you'll find that option on the site where BuddyPress is activated.

For #2: That looks like a rather simple CSS fix, but we'd need to be able to inspect that using the same theme you are using. But I see you are using the Sahifa theme, which I do not have.

Can you please grant support access from your WPMU DEV Dashboard and I'll gladly pop into your site to help you with that. :slight_smile:

As for #3: Does the theme automatically add pages to the menu? Or have you perhaps checked the box under Appearance > Menus to automatically add top-level pages to the menu?

We should be able to help you out with that too if we can log into your site.

:slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.