Customizing BuudyPress MU

Is it possible to "turn off" the feature images for logged in users in the MU theme?

• nusolutions

Yikes!!! Not the response I was hoping for as I'm sure the next version won't be arriving anytime soon.
    There's a section on the home page located under the intro header which contains the following text:

One community multi socials blogging solutions for your network and communities
    more info text can be input here...more

Other than maybe having a scrolling image I can't find a use for this area and therefore wonder if it's possible to remove it along with the header for logged in users? Removing the text leaves the "Wrapper"? which takes up space. This is just my hangup therefore if there's anything I can hard code until the next release then I'd be willing to try it out.

Thanks

• Richie_KS

ok then here's a quick hack
    open home.php and checkout line 172 - 209 and you'll see this code

<?php if (!is_user_logged_in()) { ?>

<?php if( $bp_existed == 'true' ) { //check if bp existed ?> -line 172

<?php if ( $bp_front_is_activity == 'true' ) { ?>

<?php
    if ( is_front_page() || !bp_current_component() ) {
    locate_template ( array('panel-home.php'), true );
    } else {
    locate_template ( array('panel-index.php'), true );
    custom_img_header_call();
    }
    ?>

<?php } else { ?>

<?php
    if(!is_home()) {
    } else {
    }
    ?>

<?php } ?>

<?php } else { ?>

<?php
    if(is_home()) {
    } else {
    }
    ?>

<?php } ?> - line 209

<?php } ?>

add the bold text in place....that should hide the intro for logged in user but as i said before there some hardcoding if element that control the header images so in this case header images will be unusable..

cheers

• nusolutions

I'll give this a try and see how goes.
    I've been going back and forth trying to decide on whether to make BuddyPress the main site or use a workable WP theme for this project and this new MU theme has me once again interested in using BP for the main site but I really want to hide the bulk of the site from unregistered users similar to Facebook. What would be cool with this theme is the ability to:

1. Add rotating featured images. I tried this with BP Social but was only able to use the rotate.php file which made the front page look staticky. I can probably get away with using a front page scroller but wouldn't mind a widget. I've yet to come across this in a BP theme so I'd take anything close at this point.
    2. Have a login form embedded in the featured section which would show the FB-Connect button.
    3. Nav menu links I guess would also be hidden for non-logged in users.
    3. Upon logging in users get full access to the website.

I watched the video on hiding widgets and figure I'd need something a little more detailed to hiding the items particular to this MU theme.

Once again I'll try the hack above and see where it gets me.

Many thanks

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.