Customizing CustomPress

Hi, I have several specific questions about tailoring Custom Press to my needs.

1. How do I change the layout of the data entry/edit part?

2. How do (can?) I add additional 'things' to the data types I can use as input?

3. How do (can?) I made the plugin "Ultimate TinyMCE PRO" the editor for the multi-line text boxes? (I think there is a plugin that does something like this for widgets, I don't want to trust it without your blessing.)

4. I recall from the mists of my mind that there is a discussion of slugs in display. Also I think I can use slugs to define the template form; how?

Is there any chance that this stuff can make its way into a document? I am willing to help; after I know what I am doing.

Chris

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

Hi @Chris,

Thanks for your question about custompress.

1,) Do you mean the data entry edit part within the dashboard? as in changing the way you setup the fields etc?

2) What types of data are you thinking about?

3) Do you mean on the front end or admin side?

4) There is a built in template creator that does what I have just described above, you will find it on the CustomPress>Settings menu. It only does what I have described above, it will NOT embed your custom taxonomies or fields. It’s best to do create the template yourself if you are comfortable doing so.

*NOTE: If you defined a rewrite slug in the post type, your naming format must be “single-[rewrite_slug].php”

Cheers

Tom

• Chris
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

1. How do I change the layout of the data entry/edit part?

1,) Do you mean the data entry edit part within the dashboard? as in changing the way you setup the fields etc?

The way it displays to the user when using the post type. I can live with most anything.

2. How do (can?) I add additional 'things' to the data types I can use as input?

2) What types of data are you thinking about?

What I had in mind were things like jQuery UI widgets, or home grown widgets. I need a very specialized slider for my data acquisition. If you would like more details I can supply them.

3. How do (can?) I made the plugin "Ultimate TinyMCE PRO" the editor for the multi-line text boxes?

3) Do you mean on the front end or admin side?

On the user side when entering data.

4. ... there is a discussion of slugs in display. Also I think I can use slugs to define the template form; how?

4. ...it will NOT embed your custom taxonomies or fields. It’s best to do create the template yourself if you are comfortable doing so.

I will happily modify the generated template (I know no fear :wink: Creating the first one from scratch: that is terror. Actually, it is really just time and frustration. I have enough frustration just now.

OBTW Where does WP have you put the templates for the sub domains in a multisite setup?

Chris

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Chris,

Howdy ho !

This is PC, Now a married man :slight_smile: How have you been ?

I was doing a regular followup today and found that unfortunately we missed your last post on this one.

Are you still seeking support on this one or managed to get it resolved ? Please let us know so that we can take it further and assist you on the same :slight_smile:

Thanks for being a great community member !

Cheers
    PC

• Chris
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi PC,

Congratulations!

With regards to dusty old work: I discovered why I could not find the templates. My ISP had a configuration problem in the server with regards to mod rewrite. WP could find the templates, they were invisible to me. I also think, in my 'youth in WP land' I was trying to use CustomPress in ways that were never intended.

Chris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.