customizing event+ shortcode

Hello,

My website features several "depatment" where each have their own category of events.
I'd like the department page to have a spot where the upcoming event in that category is displayed - only by title, date&time and preface.

using the shortcode index i've only been able to add an event, with the entire description + code (seems like not functioning very well).

how can i insert the event as described above?
attached is a screenshot viewing the event as added with shourtcode via events+ (right column) vs. what I want it to look like via my current event plugin (middle column).

also - is there a simple way to edit events? rather then tweaking them via css?
whilst i'm adding the events to the site it's fine, but in the future the client will have to do this - ca. 20 events per week, and they are not very technology friendly.

p.s. I'm using avada theme and fusion builder

• Nastia

Hello lee levi

Hope you are doing well!

Unfortunately, the screenshot didn't attach to the posts. To show events by category please use the following shortcode:

[eab_archive lookahead="yes" category="category-name"]

Where the "category-name" is the category slug, which you can find from Events > Event Categories. Please see the screenshot bellow:

also - is there a simple way to edit events? rather then tweaking them via css?
    whilst i'm adding the events to the site it's fine, but in the future the client will have to do this - ca. 20 events per week, and they are not very technology friendly.

Please let me know what you wish to hide with CSS code?

Please advise,

Kind regards,
    Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.