This might need to be broken up into several posts, but I'm going to try doing it all at once to see what happens.
My site's URL is http://www.alumniclubny.com. I apologize for the mess: it's still being developed!
I am trying to customize the membership process (using your Membership plugin) as well as solve a few bugs. Does anyone know a good place to get start and/or have any suggestions for any of the following?
Designer (basically for site admins)
Basic Membership: free
Social Membership: $40 / year
– When a basic member first signs up for an account, they are taken to a page that prompts them to sign up for the paid membership (without first bringing them to the Welcome Page). I think that this is confusing – is there a way to just bring them to the welcome page?
– Immediately after signing up for a basic membership, if I navigate to the ‘My Membership’ page (Subscriptions page), it has a box that says ‘Move to : Social Membership’ but it doesn’t actually have a button to upgrade. In the Extra Options section I set the Membership Upgrades period limit to 0 days – so shouldn’t this be available immediately?
– After a basic member is created, it is listed in the All Members section as having gone through the ‘admin’ gateway. I would have thought that it would have gone through the ‘Free Subscriptions Gateway’ – what’s up with that?
– When I try to register a user with a paid membership (using paypal sandbox), the user gets a basic membership and a social membership (see below)
– This makes it so that the My Membership page (Subscription page) is very confusing. Is there a way to create a custom page like this? I just want it to say something like “Current Membership: Social Membership, Expiration: January 14th, 2014” and have buttons for cancelling, upgrading, etc. Here is what it currently looks like for this paid member:
– I want to add some fields to the Account page – is there a way of easily adding it to yours or should I create one from scratch?
– I would like to use your popup user registration form, but I wanted to do it from a different part of my site (using one of my own buttons) – how would I go about doing this?
Thanks in advance for all of your help!