Customizing the main navigation bar

Is there a way to have a particular page not display in the main navigation bar?

For example, no body needs help navigating to "access denied."

Thank you,

Rory

• aecnu

Greetings rory.read,

Thank you for being a DPMU Dev member!

Usually removal of the page from the back end removes it automatically from the menu bar exceptions can be custom menus, links, etc.

In some rare events hard code removal is required to remove the link, though fortunately most can be handled by adjusting those things mentioned above.

For example, no body needs help navigating to "access denied."

You are absolutely correct concerning this, but it can also be a great selling point to those whom want access to a certain area to seek out a way to get into it - i.e. payment and there are other means of compensation too

Thanks again for being a WPMU Dev member!

If this thread is not resolved because the suggested action did not work or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• rory.read

Joe,

I am under the vague impression that I need the actual Access Denied page so that the non-logged in masses have a place to be directed, so I don't think I want it removed "from the back end"?

But for those logged in and even those not logged in, I don't personally need a link to the page showing up in the navigation bar.

I may also be misunderstanding you.

Thanks for the prompt response,

Rory

• Arun Basil Lal

Hello Rory,

Welcome to WPMU Dev, and my apologies for not getting back to you on time.

The BuddyPress Community theme has Custom Menus enabled already. So all you need to do is to just to go your BP Dashboard, Appearance > Menus

No create a menu, name it anything, say menu1. Add stuff from the widgets there, see Screenshot 2 (sc2.png). Now save the menu, and select the menu as "Main Navigation" as show in Screenshot 1 (sc1.png)

Now, if you have set-up the menu as in sc1, the real menu would look something like sc3.png.

All you need to do is, pick the pages you want to be out there and put them on the menu and save it. There you go!

Excuse the rough screenshots, they were created in a rush :wink:

Let me know if you want more help, I got your back!
    Arun Basil Lal

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.