customizing the pricing grid in pro sites

Hey -

Im just wondering how I can customize the pricing grid for pro sites.

http://www.pictalo.com/pictalo/?bid=3

Namely, how to make it show up on a page and not a post template.

The rest I can figure out with css.

Thanks

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi @Dannyoutlaw

Greetings from the WPMU DEV Support Team and thank you for being a member of our community.

Not sure if this will help you, but I found this plugin very useful in getting specific posts to display on a page rather that as a post.

Posts to Page

Let me know if this helps and if you need any further assistance, also with the css.

All the best and look forward to your feedback.

GinaB

• Dannyoutlaw
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Sorry, thats not useful at all.

The pro site plugin puts the pricing grid and account info on a WP post by default for some reason. That seems silly to me, because that is information clearly suited for a PAGE rather than a post.

Im an advanced wp designer/developer and I cant for the life of me figure out how to change that or the arrangement on information on those pages.

Any help?

• Jason
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Ummm that's messed up because mine it on a PAGE not a POST type. Is that what you are referring to?

Well, regardless, I am redesigning my own as well. My setup is very advanced and I used a page template for mine and my checkout page is 100% different than the rest of my website. This way the page strips everything away and changes into more of a "Squeeze" page or funnel so there's more information about going pro and less distractions from toolbars, sidebars and footers etc.

+Jason

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi @Dannyoutlaw

Sorry that you didn't find my previous post very helpful. Can you be a bit more clear as to why you want to change it to a page, for example us it on a menu etc?

I would really like to assist you, but it is necessary for me to understand what you're trying to achieve.

Look forward to receive your feedback, assisting you and finding a solution (so maybe you will change your mind on my service and give me a thumbs up instead of a thumbs down :slight_smile:

Have a good day!

Gina

PS Just for interest sake, I noticed that you're not using pretty permalinks. This will improve the way your URL is displayed and definitely better for SEO, but since you're in the early stages of setting up the site I'm sure you're still going to change it, just thought I would mention it.

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi Ronnie

Thanks for the support. I agree that there might be confusion when you look at the URL. The URL shows it as a post, even in my test environment, but it is definitely a page, as you pointed out.

As I mentioned to @Dannyoutlaw, I am trying to understand what he wants to achieve. This will help me/ us to better support him.

Have a good day Ronnie :slight_smile:

Gina

• Jason

I think he wanted it as a page so he customize the template for that specific checkout page.

I created a page-checkout.php in my theme dir based off the orginal page.php and included some custom css. Then I edited the page and changed the page template to the one I had created.

It was simple as pie!

• Dannyoutlaw

HEy Everyone -

Sorry for the late reply. Super busy.

RE- Post VS Page.
    This may have been a mistake on my part. I use full width page templates everywhere on the site, so when I saw the sidebar on the checkout page, I just assumed post.

So, its probably just a generic page. But, because Prosites creates that page, I have no way to customize it and tell it to use a full width template.

RE - Customizing.
    I want to be able to change every last thing about this page. I want to be able to change the style and the structure/organization of the page. Basically, I want to be able to implement my own design here from scratch.

• Ronnie Burt
    • Hosting & Biz Dev

Hi Danny - I think we'll get you sorted here easily now :slight_smile:

Go to Network Admin > Pro Sites > Settings.

In the top box there is a link to "Edit Checkout Page". Here you can choose from the page attributes (select a full-width template, etc.) just like any other page. You definitely should be able to style and structure however you want - we've done tons of customizations on it on edublogs.org.

Let us know how it goes!

Ronnie

• Dannyoutlaw

@Ronnie

Thanks. Thats a step in the right direction for sure. However, I'd like to do customizations that involve rearranging the HTML structure.

For example...

Maybe I want to move the cancel subscription button to the bottom of the page.

Maybe I want the Leve,Payment, Next Payment displayed differently than in a UL.

Things like that.

• Ronnie Burt
    • Hosting & Biz Dev

Hi Danny,

It sounds like what you are after is a bit more than what is intended by design in this plugin. You have total CSS control and the like, but changing the structure of the output would require custom work and changes to the code in the plugin. These changes would then need to be re-done each time you upgrade Pro Sites.

• Dannyoutlaw

Hey Ronnie

I'm ok with that, but I can't even find the code to begin changing it. Can you point me in the right direction?

Where can I find the pho that directly relates with the HTML on that page? I've looked over every single file in the plugin and don't see anything that even Romney looks like it handles that.
    Thanks

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya Dannyoutlaw,

Changing the actual structure of the page is rather complex. You can add a define to your theme's function.php to remove the default pro sites styling:
    add_theme_support('psts_style');

Now the plugin will not load any CSS, you can enqueue your own CSS file for pro-sites and style accordingly.

If you look at the plugin gateway files, you should see some filters in there for editing/rearranging some content, other than that you'd probably need to do a bit of jQuery fanciness to wrap, prepend, or add classes and elements to the default areas to change the alignment.

Hope something there helps a bit. Thanks!

• Jason

@MasonJames (If that's your name, it's weird, cause that's my dad's twin's name aka my uncle James Mason)

Thanks for the notice about removing the enqued CSS for prosites. I created a page-template with no wordpress head call, and made it completely custom. I know the pitfalls, and the extra work required, but my checkout page is stunning!

• Jason

:slight_smile:

I'm becoming QUITE proud of what I've done. Check it out!
    http://city.cx

Also note the signup procedure, I used the Social Marketing AND Signup Codes together. (Like the page in order to signup)

Hopefully will annoy some of the dumber spaming bots out there.

Special Notes: City.cx is a Multi-Network, in other words each city is a new network.

If you're going to play I request you use http://sample.city.cx to play in.

• Jason

I really like the inline form checking, that way input errors are caught before the pages are submitted. They still check on the back-end (of course) but the jQuery checker was super easy to add on. I think it was only 8 or 9 lines of java-script!! (minified library included of course)

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Wow. Looks super-cool :slight_smile:

I went to the sample site and did the +1 but got this message:

Not a real coupon code for sample city, sorry!! :wink:
    This site is closed for testing, but thanks for the like!!

So wasn't able to check out the Pro Sites pricing table.

But I do really like the look of the site and direction your headed. Is this a client site or a personal project?

• Jason

It's a personal project. I have people in each city to make local contacts and give support while I work on the core, they setup local clients. That way there's a face for the company as well and I can focus on my strengths. It's been a long time working on it since I'm a one man show working on it, but with all the backend work that I've done it should scale VERY well. The uploads are directed to a nginx only (no php) media servers, every city gets their own content server, and I deploy them as close to the cities as I can get. The database server is running myriaDB and it's lightening fast as well. I'm excited about it.

Each city's front page is a hub of information from across the sites in that city, and each city's content is pushed out to facebook, twitter, etc without even needing a wordpress plugin, or any client configuration.

Of course each website can setup their own facebook page of course, and the fb plugin here can take care of all that.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

hiya Jason!

Sure, I'd love to provide ya with some feedback, but for some reason my email activation code didn't work. I wasn't able to login. My account would've been under the name "mason" I believe. If you can activate that I can try again - or I can create a new account if that's easier.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.