Custompress - allow uploading of multiple pictures

I am looking for a way to allow users to upload multiple pictures associated with a post type to use for a gallery sort of section on the post.

Could be cool if you could develop that - or even better, tell me that it's already there, and that it's me who needs to open my eyes :slight_smile:

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey again Dennis,

Thanks for your question. You can use the Add Media option and then create a gallery from there :slight_smile:

Any gallery plugin that works with a post should also worth with any of the custom post types you create too.

Would either of those options do the trick for you?

Look forward to hearing back!

All the best,
    Tyler

• Dennis
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Tyler, thanks for your suggestion, but no i don't think it will do the trick :slight_smile:

Im trying to build a user driven website, where people pays to create a profile for an item they want to sell, for that i want to develop a front end version of the custom post type editor i've created with custompress back in the admin section, and i would like to make my users able to upload pictures of their item... so what i'm after is probably more like this maybe:

http://www.advancedcustomfields.com/add-ons/gallery-field/

So that they don't get to use the media manager...

I don't know if you get the idea, but instead of making custom fields in two different plugins, i would really like to have it all centered in the same plugin, namely custompress :slight_smile:

Of course if it cannot be done, it would not be any trouble for me to have the other plugin bought.

thanks for your help

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Dennis

I hope you are well today.

for that i want to develop a front end version of the custom post type editor

So, you want to add a gallery uploader in that front end form? If yes, then it is not possible out of the box with custompress. This thread is already marked for a feature request.

Well, how's about using a different gallery plugin? If the pictures are added in that gallery plugin, then they can use shortcode in the front end form. Like this one: https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-responsive-image-gallery/

If I got the idea wrong, please feel free to suggest.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.