CustomPress and BuddyPress

Hi There,

I am trying to achieve the following in buddypress.
Allow preferably enforce user to post into the 2 post types in buddypress subscriber front end under what's new.
1) Advertise Apartment
2) Rent Apartment.

Then Categorize their apartments into
Condo - 4 room,
- 3 room
Studio apartment - 2 room
- 1 room

Categories will be created upon registration in their profile field to highlight their apartment interest. Can this be achieved with Custom Press? I see post types, taxonomies and profile fields but not much documentation on it with buddypress. Please let me know if its possible. Thank you.

• DavidM

Hi plaincraz and welcome to WPMU DEV!

I'm not totally sure I understand you correctly as BuddyPress itself doesn't have a front-end posting mechanism for posts, but just for activity stream messages.

Is that perhaps where you're trying to add this functionality? If so, that would be a rather extensive customization that CustomPress isn't really designed to do. It can be done, I think, but would require some good degree of BuddyPress-based customizing.

Also, CustomPress includes support for custom fields but not profile fields. Profile field customization in this case would all have to be done surrounding BuddyPress xprofiles.

Cheers,
    David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.