CustomPress and Directory Plugins

Hello,

I want to setup a business directory, but also need to create additional custom post types. Reading through the documentation, I realized DIRECTORY plugin should not be used in conjunction with CustomPress.

IMPORTANT: Please do not activate CustomPress along with Directory. Doing so will cause issues and is unnecessary as the Directory plugin already has everything you need.

Any suggestion what to do? Am I misunderstanding the above statement (as I often do)?

• aristath

Hello there George, I hope you're well today!

I want to setup a business directory, but also need to create additional custom post types. Reading through the documentation, I realized DIRECTORY plugin should not be used in conjunction with CustomPress.

You should NOT enable both CustomPress + Directory because the Directory plugin already includes CustomPress.
    If you enable Directory, you'll also see a "custompress" menu in your dashboard. You can add your custom post types and taxonomies from inside there!

So using the Directory plugin you can already do what you want, without additionally installing CustomPress. :slight_smile:

I hope that helps!

I am marking this issue as resolved.
    If however you need any further instructions and/or clarifications don't hesitate to reopen this and post an update on your current status!

Take care,
    Ari.

• George Appiah

Thanks @aristath for the quick response. I need just one clarification.

What happens, if, after using the CustomPress bundled with Directory to create additional custom post types, I remove Directory plugin? I understand I would have to install CustomPress plugin to have the UI to create new custom post types --- but what will happen to the additional post types already created?

1) Will they go away when I remove Directory plugin?
    2) If NOT, how about their settings and associated data? Will I lose anything at all if I delete the Directory plugin at some point in the future?

Thanks.

• aristath

What happens, if, after using the CustomPress bundled with Directory to create additional custom post types, I remove Directory plugin? I understand I would have to install CustomPress plugin to have the UI to create new custom post types --- but what will happen to the additional post types already created?

No, you won't lose anything.
    All your data will be on the wp_posts and the metadata tables in the db.
    So if you enable the CustomPress plugin all your custom post types and taxonomies will still be there (so will their settings and associated data).

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.