CustomPress and global listing, is it possible?

Example:
on my homepage, I have a listing for 4 categories:
cars,
books,
movies,
art.

Is it possible to listing "cars" category also on the sub-sites.
Are CustomPress have any global shortcodes, like in Marketpress?

Thanks,
Tom

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Tom,

I do believe that would be possible though if not directly, you could definitely create global custom post types and then global taxonomies for them in your Network Admin.

You'll find that option in Network Admin > CustomPress > Settings as follows:

You could then create your global content types at CustomPress > Content Types.

Have you tried that as yet?

-David

• DOTLAND
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi David,

thanks for reply.

I tried this, but:

When I add entry to the cars category on the main page, this entry is display only on my main page.

When I add entry to the cars category on the sub-page, this entry is display only on the sub-page.

I want to show this entry here and here.

Is it possible?

thanks,
    tom

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya Tom,

It's gonna require a bit of custom work, but it can be done with our Post Indexer plugin:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/post-indexer

This plugin creates a table of all posts on your site. Check out the additional plugins such as 'recent posts' which you could modify or use as a template for pulling the specific custom post types you're looking for.

You may also want to take a look at our network theme. This theme pulls in all posts from sub-sites onto the main site. Again, it could be modified to display from specific post types (I've seen folks do this to pull MarketPress products, for example):
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/network-theme

Hope that helps! Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.