[CustomPress] Business Directory

How can I create a business directory or listing?

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Ahmed Maher

I hope you’re well today and than you for your question!

Most of the “directory” plugins around are based on custom post types, with addition of some custom taxonomies (e.g. categories) and some nice interface. The “back-end” could be created with our CustomPress plugin:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/custompress/

The plugin allows you to create custom post types, custom taxonomies for them and even additional custom fields. However, even using the CustomPress means that you wouldn’t have to do any (or at least not much) coding, that still requires some knowledge about how custom posts work in WordPress.

You would most likely also need to create some custom page template(s) for your directory so it would look the way you want it to look and you’d also need some sort of a front-page posting plugin so your customers could submit their information to the directory.

Are you familiar with custom post types idea/usage in WordPress at all? What features would you like to have there and how should such directory work?

Let me know please as knowing about that I’ll be able to give you more detailed answer.

Best regards,

Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.