Custompress Cheatin' Uh message

I've just set up a custom post type and created a few taxonomies. When I attempt to click on the taxonomy names on the admin left sidebar (under my custom post type) I am greeted with the "Cheatin' Uh?" message. I haven't had this issue anywhere else.

Here's the url where I receive the message:

Is there something I can do to give myself permission to veiw/edit these pages?
I am enjoying the plugin so far and thank you for your help!

• allingtm

Wordpress 3.1

Other Plugins:

BP Group Calendar 1.2.3
    Branded Login for Buddypress 1.1.2
    Buddypress 1.2.8
    BuddyPress Private Community 0.5
    CustomPress 1.1.1
    Recend Posts for Custom Post Type 1.0
    Remove WP Dashboard Widgets 1.0.3
    Signup TOS 1.2.1
    WPMU DEV Update Notifications 2.0.1

Not sure how to look at the server logs - can't see any log files on server.

Basically I upgraded Wordpress from 3.0.5 to 3.1 and upgraded buddypress from 1.2.7 to 1.2.8. then the "Cheatin' Uh?" message appears.

I wanted to go live tomorrow, but I don't feel I can while I have this problem :slight_frown: So thanks for any help you can provide.

• Mason

Hiya allingtm,

Ok, I've got an install running most of those plugins and am not able to reproduce this error.

What user role are you seeing this error with? Is this a multisite install?

Also, your server error log should be available by signing into cPanel (or similar). If you're unsure, contact your host provider and ask for the php error logs. They can assist.

Otherwise, you could try deactivating each plugin to see if the error continues - but I'm thinking this isn't a conflict with plugins.

• cmjnetwork

I am running a single site install of Wordpress 3.1. and am using Custompress 1.1.1. When I try to access my error logs at GoDaddy I get a page not found error. I will look into this further.

I use the following plugins:
    BM Custom Login
    Category Posts Widget
    Collapsing Categories
    Gravity Forms

I've also installed Custompress to another site on a different server running 3.0 and it works fine. I plan to upgrade to 3.1 tonight and will keep you posted on the results.

• allingtm

I've looked the Analysis and Log files ::Error Log in cPanel, and there are no errors. I'm logging in with user in Administrator role. It is using standard Wordpress 3.1 rather than multi-site. Thanks for looking at this. I've disabled all the plugins and the same thing happens. I've created another taxonomy and I'm not getting the same issue, so it's only on the first one I created (which was originally working fine). Thanks for helping work out what's going on.

I've now deleted it and recreated using a different name, and it's all working fine again. So I'm sorted, but I hope a solution to this is found in case it happens again.

• cmjnetwork

Thanks for the replies. I just have one more question. Right now it would mean a lot to me to keep my original taxonomy names since they are so specific. Luckily, my site is still in development and I am open to making some steps backwards in order to keep them.

The problem is that I deleted the old taxonomies from functions.php when I first started and I still got the error. As a test, I reentered them into functions and now I don't get the message (although taxonomies are also appearing under posts). It doesn't matter if I delete them from Custompress and recreate, as long as its not declared in functions, I get a cheatin' message. Is this something that would need to be resolved in my database table?

Thanks again

• Ivan

There is a plugin_deactivate() function in "custompress/core/core.php" with which you can purge all plugin data. Just change the conditional statement to "true" and deactivate the plugin. Beware though this will remove all plugin, data - post_types, taxonomies, custom_fields, settings etc and not only for the root site.

Also you can re-save your permalink structure after making changes to post_types so WP can update the rewrite rules. If you are doing this through CustomPress rewrite rules are flushed automatically.

Try couple of things and get back to me whether the problem persists. If yes please share the declared in functions.php post_types.