CustomPress Custom Field ID

I would like to be able to edit the field ID for the Custom Fields. I think it would be helpful to allow users to not only use the Custom Post Types but also to use the Custom Fields within posts.

Just a thought!

• Eric G.
    • The Crimson Coder

I was thinking it is possible to use the really long field ID that is generated through this plugin in the custom fields for posts also (_ca384fhcnc048 or whatever it is).

Let’s say I create a custom post that includes a business name and number. Or I have guest authors that have standard info. If I create the custom field through this plugin (will use ‘phone’:wink: as the example. It gives me a LONG ugly field ID. If I could use the field ID ‘phone’ across the site, then I could use it more universally. Then I could suggest to my users that if the ‘phone’ option is not available, you could simply enter it in as a custom field site wide.

It is probably just a request to make things easier for me. But also, instead of having to copy and paste the long field ID, it could be coded through memory.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.