CustomPress Custom Fields suddenly stopped working on front-end.

I have used a custom fields to display event information, and although it worked perfectly for long some time, it just recently it has stopped working. Nothing has been changed that I am aware of (front end or back end).

What is really puzzling me is that some of the results display fine, and as usual (such as the event title, date, description). However custom fields such as the door time and type of ticket are simply not displaying.

Things I have tried to no avail:
• I've disabled all plugins except CustomPress

• I've tried creating a brand new custom field and echo'ing the results

• spent countless hours re-writing the code, trying even to simply echo a custom field

WordPress: v 3.9.1
CustomPress: v 1.3.5.7

Any help is greatly appreciated.

  • Vinod Dalvi

    Hi @BlueAirplane,

    Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

    Could you please tell me a bit more in detail what type of custom field is that, to which custom post type it is attached and how you are displaying it in the front end( Attach screenshots of it if you can ) so that i can try to reproduce the same issue on my test site to resolve the issue you are facing?

    Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

  • BlueAirplane

    Minutes later.... I think I have temporarily solved my solution, and pin-pointed the issue to the latest release of CustomPress.

    I luckily found a old CustomPress backup (v 1.2.2) on my local server - uploaded it and this version works just fine. The current administrator for my site may have updated the plugin to the latest version (which they should have) - but it broke the site.

    Authors: Please fix the latest release, since this broken version cost me upwards of 6 hours of troubleshooting over the weekend!

  • BlueAirplane

    Hi Vinod,

    I've tried installing the previous release (v 1.3.5.4) and it does work alright. If it's of any help to you in pin-pointing the glitch here is some information. It seems like everything after the first radio selection custom field, things went weird and didn't work.

    This is the order of my custom fields displaying on front-end, and where the error started:
    (ok) Event Date (calendar)
    (ok) Event Name (text field)
    (ok) Event Details (text field)
    X Event Time (text drop-down)
    X Ticket Price (text field)
    X Room (radio buttons)
    X Ticket Type (radio buttons)

    One potential note: the Doors Time, which seems to have started this error, was a originaly created as a Radio selection, then changed to a text drop-down selection. The shortcode still reads as "_ct_radio_4fbd4c9c1819d". It doesn't matter, since it display alright, but I just wondered if the newest release handled the short codes in a different manner. I see there was some sort of updates to radio buttons in the change log.

  • Jack Kitterhing

    Hi there @BlueAirplane,

    Hope you're well today, thanks for your patience here! Sorry about the delay.

    Thanks for the additional information here, I've been testing and haven't been able to replicate, though you are correct that shortcode processing was modified.

    Would it be possible to send me the following please to debug this? I'll need to first break it again, by uploading the latest version and then I'll downgrade for you so it continues to work, while we fix whatever needs to be fixed. :slight_smile:

    - In the subject field add "Attn: Jack Kitterhing"
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include admin/network access
    - Include FTP
    - Include cPanel (for database access).
    - Include any relevant URLS for your site

    On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

    https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

    Thank you!

    Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.