[CustomPress] Does CustomPress Support These Seven Features?

Hello All,
Read this interesting comparison of Custom Post solutions and it raised some questions.
https://www.codeinwp.com/blog/top-custom-post-types-plugins-for-wordpress/

1) Does CustomPress provide access to all registered custom post types (like those of other plugins) so they can be extended?

2) Does CustomPress support Parent-Child Relationships between fields?

3) Does CustomPress support adding custom fields to users?

4) Does CustomPress integrate with Gravity Forms

5) Does CustomPress support WPML?

6) Does CustomPress provide an export feature?

7) Does CustomPress hook into the new GDPR features of Wordpress for exporting/deleting personal user data that might be collected?

Yeah, I know I violated the one topic per post, but each of these are really just feature clarification questions that would probably be good to add to CustomPress documentation.

I look forward to your replies and/or anyone's recommendation about which of the custom post solutions discussed in the article that you recommend or have experience with.

Thanks in advance.

• viobru

Hi, SooBahkDo!

Thanks for contacting us. Hope you’re doing great :slight_smile:
    1) Does CustomPress provide access to all registered custom post types (like those of other plugins) so they can be extended?
    CPTs created using CustomPress can be easily edited after they creation. You won’t be able to change the post type system name, but you’ll be able to edit the rest of the settings.

2) Does CustomPress support Parent-Child Relationships between fields?
    CustomPress has the option to allow the new post type to be hierarchical. To enable this option, you’ll need to check Supports > Page attributes and set Hierarchical to True.

3) Does CustomPress support adding custom fields to users?
    Are you referring to add custom fields to users’ profile page? If so, I’m afraid that there’s no option to achieve this using CustomPress. I would suggest checking these plugins instead:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/profile-builder/
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/cimy-user-extra-fields/

4) Does CustomPress integrate with Gravity Forms?
    As far as I know, CustomPress does not integrate directly with Gravity Forms but you shouldn’t have any issue using both plugins together since Gravity Forms does support custom post types. I checked it just in case, and the latest issue between the 2 plugins I couldn’t find reported on our forums dates from 2015 and it was properly solved, so I guess that you should be fine using the 2 plugins together.
    5) Does CustomPress support WPML?
    Same here with WPML. CustomPress does not have a direct integration with WPML, but you should be able to use them together.
    6) Does CustomPress provide an export feature?
    Yes, you can enable the export feature for each new CPT on the post type settings page.

7) Does CustomPress hook into the new GDPR features of Wordpress for exporting/deleting personal user data that might be collected?
    Not sure to which data collected by the plugin are you referring to, sorry. Are you referring to possible comments posted in CPT created using CustomPress? If so, please note that any comment posted to a CPT created using it is stored under the default WP Comments section so, if using the Erase Personal Data tool, any comment posted on the CPT will be properly anonymized.

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Kind regards,
    Violeta

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.